• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Outlaw 2200 M amps for Martin Logan ReQuest

SineWave

Link to Outlaw Amp Review on ASR

Would the above amp be good for my Martin Logan ReQuest speakers? (would go for the newer model that came out this year)

The speakers are rated at 4ohms and go down to 1.2 ohms @ 20Khz (I know, not much going on there).
Currently using a 35w/ch Prima Luna Prologue One integrated amp which is plenty of power for me. I don't usually play loud, but when I do, it is still more than loud enough.
I'd like to try SS, but not go with a crazy budget. Trying to go for a possibly more accurate sound, less distortion.
I considered this amp even before I purchased the PL back in 2004(?).

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Would the above amp be good for my Martin Logan ReQuest speakers? (would go for the newer model that came out this year)

I have had a pair of reQuests since 1998.

I see no reason that amp wouldn't work in place of what you have.

There's a little roll-off in the top octave (I'd never hear it) per measurements, which you are also have in the Prima Luna

1606852436065.png

OP
SineWave

SineWave

I got my ReQuest around 2002 from original owner. Then got new panels around 2012 (because the company that bought out ML keep jacking up the price of replacement panels), but I still have not swapped them out (but I did for my SL2's, around 2011 because they sounded real bad). The rolloff is probably what let's me play the system a little louder without hurting me ears (I have Recruitment hearing damage, but it's center frequency is 4Khz, so maybe not the reason for it).

I have had the ReQuests unplugged for about a week so I can vacuum them. The right speaker is a little is only a little lower in volume than the left (probably because it's closer to a window that I often leave open), but probably by now they have both gone down in volume, just not equally, and I don't notice it because it was gradual. I don't want to put in the new panel until after I put up curtains on the adjacent wall. I did finally get curtains directly behind the speaker, but the other one hasn't been delivered yet. I also have some Owens Corning fiberglass I bought about the time of the new panels so that I could build into panels....I am the Ultimate Procrastinator! LOL!

ML Window.jpg

OP
SineWave

SineWave

I have had a pair of reQuests since 1998.

Have you ever considered or used a subwoofer with your ReQuest? Any thoughts you could share?
According to the owners manual, they go down to 30Hz at -3db. Doesn't seem that bad.

Top Bottom