• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Out for a few more days

JSmith

Master Contributor
祝福。
1642045538673.png

JSmith

Hemi-Demon

My best wishes to you dealing with the potential water damage, and prayers up that your wife heals quickly.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not a fun situation to be in, best wishes for your wife.
I hope you succeed in working out your troubles with the water.
Got no advice other then try to keep the good spirit up and that when your through this mess, you can treat yourself with some wonderfull music listening.

horias2000

Forum Donor
Hello you all. You probably noticed I have been away from the forum a few days. Last Thursday the finished lower floor of our house which is below grade developed a leak. This quickly became a massive flood, overwhelming our efforts to keep it at bay. To make matters worse, near midnight, my wife slipped on the wet stairs and badly injured her back side and elbow. So we spent the next day at the hospital and thankfully, nothing was broken but she has been in serious pain (but getting better). We had two days of dry weather which gave us a chance to repack things of value but then the rain came and multiple flooding with it. We would spend 12 to 16 hours pumping and drying out the floor, only to get fully overwhelmed in a matter of hours.

I have bought every pump and gadget you can think of but none of them are effective with shallow flooding of quarter of an inch of water (seeping through the walls). Actually it has been so bad that in the time it takes me to go to the hardware store to buy the next thing, the house been flooding completely again! No restoration company would come to dry the house because the leak is still there. So stuck doing it all ourselves.

My builder called a crew with excavators and such over the weekend and they showed up Monday, only to make it worse and leave. :( So last two days has been more rounds of hell. I was drying and pumping the house for nearly 20 hours straight last nigh as the non-stop rain caused it to flood again and again! A more competent crew is here and is building a much more extensive water management system. Hopefully they get it done and it works.

Getting help of course in this environment is next to impossible. Had a great handyman I had used on other projects but he wouldn't come over to help either.

Anyway, starting tomorrow it is supposed to dry out for a few days so maybe this insanity will be over by the weekend.

I have only been able to drop in the forum for a minute or two per day. Just so much to do.
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through. I hope you are able to tame the waters and find a final solution so this doesn't happen again in the future. Waiting for you reviews when all is solved and dry.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I had both things happen to me as well! A flooding in an apartment, and slipping on the wet floor and falling on my ass hard enough that I walked like a turtle for 6 weeks. All these things suck. Luckily they pass! Here in The Netherlands we have a saying, "Verstand op nul en gaan." which translates to something like "Turn off your brain and just do what needs to be done." Just auto-pilot your way through until all is well again. We'll see you later! :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
First light at the end of the tunnel. The catchment pipe and pump worked to keep us dry for the first time last night!!! They are now working on proper feeders to it to catch all the moisture. There is so much water that the pump was running constantly to keep it dry! We also have 3 days of dry weather which should give us a chance to catch our breath. I am so tired from all the work that the tips of my fingers hurt as I type this!

Wife is making daily progress with every day getting a bit better. Still in pain but much better than when the first few days.

Thank you for all the well wishes, kind donations, and prayers. It means so much to me.

CMB

Started worrying actually and used the search function to check if there were any posts from you lately.
Then - I found this thread.
Gosh! What a nightmare!
Sincerely, hope you and your wife will overcome this quickly and without too much damage.

gsp1971

Forum Donor
First light at the end of the tunnel. The catchment pipe and pump worked to keep us dry for the first time last night!!! They are now working on proper feeders to it to catch all the moisture. There is so much water that the pump was running constantly to keep it dry! We also have 3 days of dry weather which should give us a chance to catch our breath. I am so tired from all the work that the tips of my fingers hurt as I type this!

Wife is making daily progress with every day getting a bit better. Still in pain but much better than when the first few days.

Thank you for all the well wishes, kind donations, and prayers. It means so much to me.
what a difficult time for you & mrs. !!

wishing you strength and courage and hope that soon it'll all be behind you.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hope you get sorted soon chief. Household disasters and upheaval are damned stressful.

Top Bottom