• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Out for a few more days

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Very sorry to hear of your troubles. Nature doesn't care to respect building envelopes and prefers to just go right through. In a leaky basement rather than fight it we had a good basement contractor come in and they dug a channel around the entire perimeter of the basement (inside) they basically did an entire French Drain but it all fed into a sump pit with a very high efficiency pump. Basement has been bone dry for years now whereas before it was constantly wet and always had that terrible wet basement smell. Good luck. You will solve this problem, but it will take money without a doubt.

LuvTheMusic

That's horrible! Best wishes for a quick (from here on) resolution. Even more importantly, here's hoping that your wife recovers quickly and fully with no aftereffects. Please know that everyone here appreciates what you do, and no one begrudges your time away in the least.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So sorry to hear of this! :(
Awful thing to have to deal wth.
You have both my sympathy & empathy.

Sorry for your wife's plight as well. Soft-tissue damage is almost always slow & painful to heal. :(

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's horrible. I was really hoping you were just taking a vacation. I even thought at first that you'd probably gone to CES. Very sorry to hear differently, and I hope your wife recovers quickly. You should put the panthers to work bailing water.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having, and hopefully your wife is on the mend. Wishing you all the luck, and please do take care of yourself and your family first. We promise to behave ourselves whilst you're away.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
If you need some Free helping Hands Amir, let me know. I can drive up and I got some Shop Vacs.

Its not much, But it should help out bro.
Again, don't hesitate to ask for help.
1642038875392.png

I had the same problem at my Moms house where we had to just put a drainage house and some rocks. Dug it all by hand.
If you need help? PLEASE ask.

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You probably noticed I have been away from the forum a few days.
I figured you'd lost the will to go on after seeing that Matrix movie.

Last Thursday the finished lower floor of our house which is below grade developed a leak. This quickly became a massive flood...
Yikes! Is the NFS okay?

Seriously, good luck to you, Amir. And more to your wife.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was wondering what happened - hoping you were just enjoying a vacation rather than having come down with the latest strain of COVID.

Not sure if having your your house flooded and your wife injured from a fall is better or worse than the COVID...

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I have bought every pump and gadget you can think of but none of them are effective

Have you tried the PSAudio or UpTone Audio pumps? I'm led to believe they'll not only get rid of all of the water but also leave you with floors which are so clean that no one has yet to come up with a way to measure just how clean they'll be!

JSmith

Master Contributor
Anyway, starting tomorrow it is supposed to dry out for a few days so maybe this insanity will be over by the weekend.
I just thought you were having a well deserved holiday! :D

Sorry to hear about the flooding and your wife's fall, I hope things get better there for you Amir.

JSmith

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Joining everyone else in wishing a speedy recovery for your wife and a quick resolution to your flooding issue. For what it’s worth, I too have had various kinds of leak/flood/infiltration issues over the past many years, and I have become convinced that all the worst and most maddening home problems involve water in one way or another. They are all fixable, though.

Best of luck and best wishes - we’re all pulling for you!

Top Bottom