• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Our "we miss things about Chicago and Milwaukee" dinner

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
pierogi.png

Wife and I got ambitious and made two kinds of pierogi. Mushroom and home-made sauerkraut; potato and home-made ricotta. Browned onions in butter to top. Gruet Brut to wash it down.

I was tempted to post this in "Science of Healthy Eating."
@j_j @scott wurcer

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Tasted delicious as well. :D

Eurasian

Forum Donor
I bet they did! Unfortunately, goodies like these are off the menu for me these days -- gone full keto.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Bastard, I want pierogi now real bad like. My goddaughter's grandma (mama polska )made a ton for me when I visited a few weeks ago. Along with bigos and the meat and rice thing wrapped in cabbage served with a tomato sauce.. I can't spell that lol.

I'd eaten a truck load before the pierogi came out , unfortunately this shot is pre pierogi ( sauerkraut and mushroom).. I was quite full at this point but one had to knuckle down and plough on as mama polska had been in the kitchen for two days making it all..

IMG_20190908_022112.jpg

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'll be right over, where was that, now?

:D
Deep dark secret! Tonight we did eggplant cutlet panini with heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and arugula.

23DB33E9-00D4-449B-9007-AA7BBD4CF712.jpeg

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
I guess unlike pierogi, Al Jarreau was of no Polish descent. Yet the title of this thread reminded me of this, which is kind of nice too and hopefully, somehow appropriate as background music for your feast :

Reactions: SIY

Wombat

Master Contributor
Why do people photograph what they eat. Has it something to do with possible litigation? :facepalm:

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Why do people photograph what they eat. Has it something to do with possible litigation? :facepalm:

My wife photographs EVERYTHING and she's quite good at it. I suspect that's the reason AudioXpress keeps me around, high quality photos instead of the usual stuff engineering types do.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
My wife photographs EVERYTHING and she's quite good at it. I suspect that's the reason AudioXpress keeps me around, high quality photos instead of the usual stuff engineering types do.
So good I made it my avatar.. Possibly the Mrs greatest accolade.

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
That's your subtle way of saying, "Get stuffed."

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Football food. I made blintzes from some of my wife’s homemade ricotta and topped them with marionberries macerated in brandy.

60B197C5-C1DB-4371-BECF-8128EE3B3426.jpeg

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Bastard, I want pierogi now real bad like. My goddaughter's grandma (mama polska )made a ton for me when I visited a few weeks ago. Along with bigos and the meat and rice thing wrapped in cabbage served with a tomato sauce.. I can't spell that lol.

View attachment 32876
Golumpki !!

Top Bottom