• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Other Denon AVRs with Audyssey XT32

I've been shopping around for an X3600H or X3700H on the strength of the review here. While wading through listings, it looks like these other Denon amps have XT32 and can use the adjustment app:
  • AVR-X6300H
  • AVR-X4300H
  • AVR-X3300W
Does anybody have any experience with any of these amps? In particular, the X3300W seems to be going for about half the price of the X3600W.

I'm leaning heavily toward an L/R or L/C/R setup for TV/movies/music, with one or two subs eventually. Do you think any of them can be reasonably expected to perform well in such a setup?

EDIT: I removed a bunch of amps that had Audyssey XT but not XT32. The list is much smaller now.

Last edited:

XpanD

Forum Donor
Most of those can't do XT32, but only the lesser variants (XT or below) of Audyssey. I believe you'd need to go with at least a 3xxx series model there, with the second number indicating which generation they are from -- x3xx is going to be quite old, now, though it may have everything you require.

OP
B
Most of those can't do XT32, but only the lesser variants (XT or below) of Audyssey. I believe you'd need to go with at least a 3xxx series model there, with the second number indicating which generation they are from -- x3xx is going to be quite old, now, though it may have everything you require.

After looking again, you're absolutely right. I'm going to edit the OP once I find a better list.

Top Bottom