• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OSD AP650 Review (outdoor speaker)

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm good friends with all of my neighbors; I've had explicit conversations about music choice, and volume with all of them. We listen at low volumes during the day and regularly have them all over (pre-covid) for backyard activities. I really don't see the issue with outdoor music if you're respectful, communicate, and have a relationship with your neighbors.
Hahaha yeah. I mean, ultimately, I think most decent human beings want their neighbors to be happy.... even if it's for partially selfish reasons... because they would like the same treatment in return.

I mean... I'm not even sure if I qualify as a decent human being... but even I'd like my neighbors to be happy!

Last edited:

JW001

One word Frank. Acreage.

Our neighbours are 100M away on the top side, 300M+ away on the downside and over a kilometre away over the back fence.
And I thought I had a good acreage (40x80m)! Actually, where I live, it's not as much about outdoor music as grass mowing. To kill time, some of my neighbors cut grass and run their blowers twice a week. A living hell! :mad: How do I turn them into audiophiles?

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
One word Frank. Acreage.

Our neighbours are 100M away on the top side, 300M+ away on the downside and over a kilometre away over the back fence.
Unfortunately, Blighty isn’t nearly as big as Down Under. You can praise yourself lucky if you get 0.1 acres. Unless you’re landed gentry.

ta240

Major Contributor
....I really don't see the issue with outdoor music if you're respectful, communicate, and have a relationship with your neighbors.

Most issues with most things can be avoided by being respectful. We have neighbors that think if their kids want to listen to their music outside so loud that neighbors can feel it in their house then their kids should be able to do that. They actually got irate that we asked him to turn it down, not off, just down. Hear the music clearly 10 houses away? What's the problem with that? Having a wedding reception in your 15'x30' back yard with a PA system? No need to let the neighbors know ahead of time so we could plan to be somewhere else on that day rather than the day before. I will give a lot of credit to the one neighbor that the first time I mentioned that their music was coming through to us really clearly was the last time I heard their music.
I try not to impose my musical choices on them and hope they don't try to impose theirs on me.

dcaFanBoy

Yeah, I don't know how much peaky treble matters outside, probably want it actually. But the distortion is an entirely different matter.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Here is one of the reasons after visiting the USA for as many as four times I decided not doing it any more.
Not the only one needing a cup of tea...
Peace to the people of good will.
The obviously very kind gentleman posting the original thread about "sniper riffles" in an audio forum, doesn't appear to live in the USA. (England)

I don't mind parties, but I would not think it in any way reasonable to noise pollute a whole neighbourhood with an outdoor one. That is taking "freedom" too far and I would consider it to be spectacularly rude and obnoxious.
Ever look into "shadow work"?

No, it would be for the owners of the outdoor speakers. :)

Luckily round here such a firearm would be unavailable and none of my neighbours are that inconsiderate :)

I live in a reasonably large US city. I walked past 3 "memorials" to folks who were murdered by gunfire in the past year alone just taking a very short walk around and enjoying the cold crisp morning air a few minutes ago. I am sure you were just kidding though and exercising what to you is a keen sense of "freedom" to joke about utter misuse of firearms on an audio forum --- nothing "spectacularly rude and obnoxious" to see here.

Anyway, I realize this speaker kind of sucks so the thread is ripe for something to entertain & perhaps I am truly being awfully serious here, that said, it still gets my vote for the single worst thread on ASR ever.

Though of course the popped kernel is that outdoor music is best when used considerately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom