• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Orchard Audio Starkrimson

tubess1988

I bought a set and they sound great for the cost, nice balance, they replaced my Manley Lab 75 with NOS tubes and mods. Every piece of music I play just gets better, old and new. I never knew what I was missing. Only downside is I unknowingly I got the low gain input version, which can be updated to match my Pre-amp. Check them out, I'm keeping mine. Cheers.

muad

I bought a set and they sound great for the cost, nice balance, they replaced my Manley Lab 75 with NOS tubes and mods. Every piece of music I play just gets better, old and new. I never knew what I was missing. Only downside is I unknowingly I got the low gain input version, which can be updated to match my Pre-amp. Check them out, I'm keeping mine. Cheers.
How long you been promoting for them?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So this is a GaN technology amp. I assume you got a pair of the monos. It would certainly be interesting if you could submit one to Amir for testing & measurement.

What power supply did you get? What is your associated equipment, viz. preamp, speakers, etc.?

OP
T

tubess1988

So this is a GaN technology amp. I assume you got a pair of the monos. It would certainly be interesting if you could submit one to Amir for testing & measurement.

What power supply did you get? What is your associated equipment, viz. preamp, speakers, etc.?
Yes it's the GaN version, and the 250 Watt supply's. Mystere' tubed preamp, Eminence Technology LFT 8, Lampiztor Amber 2, Tidal.

stvnharr

Just to help you out a bit, the Starkrimson Mono's have been reviewed by SIY for Audio Express:

And Stuart has also reviewed the Starkrimson Ultra's for Audio Express: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLd9QUK2uSOtCFfTcrix76zSrSVNI9c6/view

And you might also have missed this post right here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-sound-budget-product-of-the-year-2021.28912/

OP
T

tubess1988

Just to help you out a bit, the Starkrimson Mono's have been reviewed by SIY for Audio Express:

And Stuart has also reviewed the Starkrimson Ultra's for Audio Express: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLd9QUK2uSOtCFfTcrix76zSrSVNI9c6/view

And you might also have missed this post right here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-sound-budget-product-of-the-year-2021.28912/
Thanks, Good info.

jimbones

I am now demoning the Starkrimson amplifier and comparing it to the PT GaN400, Benchmark AHB2, NAD M33 and I can say it is the best of all 4 amps. Its very hard to find any fault with them, maybe the fact that it is an ugly duckling but sonically it is awesome.

OP
T

tubess1988

I am now demoning the Starkrimson amplifier and comparing it to the PT GaN400, Benchmark AHB2, NAD M33 and I can say it is the best of all 4 amps. Its very hard to find any fault with them, maybe th\ fact that it is an ugly duckling but sonically it is awesome.

I have the Gan 150W monoblocks, they replaced a McCormick DNA-1 and my beloved and modded Manley Lab 75 tube amp, Cheers.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am now demoning the Starkrimson amplifier and comparing it to the PT GaN400, Benchmark AHB2, NAD M33 and I can say it is the best of all 4 amps. Its very hard to find any fault with them, maybe the fact that it is an ugly duckling but sonically it is awesome.
Whatever you say.

ETA: I will say you were dealing with a collection of highly competent amplifiers.

Last edited:

jimbones

Whatever you say.

ETA: I will say you were dealing with a collection of highly competent amplifiers.
ha ha yes, and my current amps are CJ Premiere 12's lol
I am leaning towards the NAD M23. It's clarity is amazing

kazsud

What speakers are you using?

Top Bottom