• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Orchard Audio Integrated Amplifier

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
I am currently developing an integrated amplifier that combines the PecanPi DAC and BOSC amplifiers into a single enclosure which is 475mm x 225mm x 50mm.

The amplifier will have both USB and SPDIF inputs.

I will be posting measurements in the next few weeks.

For those who are interested, the first production run will be offered at a 20-25% discount. Please sign up for Orchard Audio's mailing list to stay up to date.

An interesting tidbit about this integrated amp...The DAC output and amplifier input are both accessible. Hence if you have a third-party device you want to insert between the two like a DSP you can do that.

Eye Candy...
IMG_1493_WB.jpg IMG_1495_WB.jpg IMG_1498_WB.jpg

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Any idea of eventual price?

Karu

Forum Donor
It’s not really competitive as I see it. For same normal $$$ you can get minidsp SHD and say a purify stereo amp. Or for special price offering the SHD and a Hypex 252 amp with more power than the BOSC. Or a one box SHD power with the DSP and mic included in a single box with a little less power but sub outs and more varied inputs.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
I believe the price is very aggressive considering the measured performance this amp will achieve. Measurement results to come in the next few weeks.

Please also keep in mind that all of my products are hand-built in the US, with me doing all the support directly with customers. You do not get this kind of service from "mainline" manufacturers.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
If you are looking for a $2000 integrated amp that is a jack of all trades but master of none, you have plenty of options.

If you value audio performance above all else then look no further. I believe that at $2000 this amplifier will offer top of the line audio performance that will be extremely tough to beat even at higher prices.

I assemble and test all of my products by hand. Also when you call or email support you get me right away. This is part of the value that very few other manufacturers offer.

Last edited:

hege

Forum Donor
Also when you call or email support you get me right away. This is part of the value that very few other manufacturers offer.

What happens if you get sick or worse? I don't see any mention of partners..

Soundstage

@orchardaudio
Why is the SINAD “only” 100 db when the harmonics are at - 130db? What is happening outside the observation window?
Thanks.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
It matches, they are not 130dB down. The peak is not at 0dB. 0dB would be at 150W, not 5W. This is approximately a 15dB difference. So the second and third harmonics are about 115dB down from the peak.

Look at the distortion product ratio chart, that matches up once you add up all the harmonics.

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice measurements and nice design! I wish you the best of luck and hope you will share updates with us as the design and production process progresses.

Soundstage

It matches, they are not 130dB down. The peak is not at 0dB. 0dB would be at 150W, not 5W. This is approximately a 15dB difference. So the second and third harmonics are about 115dB down from the peak.

Look at the distortion product ratio chart, that matches up once you add up all the harmonics.
:facepalm: sorry

Top Bottom