• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Optimizing a Genelec / NAD / DIRAC / JTR Setup

OP
danielmiessler

danielmiessler

Forum Donor
12x20

AndyTheGray

Wrote you on the other topic you created about all digital... i think you'd be better off with just Lyngdorf mp-60 and genelecs, nothing else. Again, IMHO. Or, a bit less money, Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 and Lyngdorf MP-40 to separate stereo listening and home cinema.

Also, i've place all of these into custom made shelf with all front 8351 in 8351-450B Flush mount kits behind acoustic mesh and subs in corners (also behind acoustic mesh). it seems your room would allow it as well.

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would look to make that a full Atmos system by adding front and rear highs. If you do that make sure the highs are positions so that they can do double duty as both Atmos and Auro 3D heights. That would mean they should be positions directly above the L-R for the front heights and directly above the Lb-Rb speakers for the rear heights. Most importantly, they should be posiioned such that their accoustic centers are 35 degrees above the accousic center of your base layer speakers from your listening position.

Also if you are going to use Dirac Live on a receiver, you should make sure it's a version which includes multi channel DLBC. Given you already have GLM you should not need Dirac for anything other than the subs.

Finally, you should be able to experiment with the placement of those three subs to provide optimun bass distribution throughout the room. Experimenting with sub placement might improve the sound even further, so you might want to give that a shot.

All in all, you have the makings, I think, of a true edge of the art system. Certainly you're paying the freight for one, so I hope you are able to fully optimize it, so you can enjoy it from your nice comfy Eames.

AndyTheGray

so, i've done something similar to this image below but with placeholders for speakers and subs.

thewoodveneerhub_a624ab85-1ae2-4f03-94d7-9416cf665d1a_1200x600_crop_center.jpg

With your room i'd do something like below (a little leveling challenge)

1668965910682.png

and then i'd cover whole back with wood slats as image above as well as side walls for approx 1 m, that would take care for first bounce.

Worked magic for me and it took me a while to arrive so i thought it might help.

Last edited:

AndyTheGray

and as far as all those subs, and systems and computations... i went into a rabbit hole as well. Then dropped it all and returned with one thing that manages it all for me on top of GLM.

AndyTheGray

and if you thinking if those woofers aren't aligned to speakers is a problem:

soundwave_directions.jpg

they deliver 23-500 (+-6dB) and hence negligible, genelec tells you same here.

Top Bottom