• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Optical Output from IOS device?

Grattle

Does any ios device or even any iPod have optical out?

I'm wondering about the 3.5mm jack, do any have combo optical jacks?

I'm tied pretty strongly to Apple Music, and thus ios, but if another device has optical output and can use Apple music, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks!

manderson82

Just made an account to post here since it's the top hit for lightning to optical output:

I've ordered and tested the "Reiyin USB Audio Portable DAC 192khz 24bit Headset Toslink Optical Output External Sound Card", was $22 from Aliexpress, and confirmed it works with the lightning camera adapter to provide optical output, on an iPhone X and iPad, with and without the power cable connected.

Also worked (with and without power cable), with a 1 meter lightning male-female extension cable to the camera adapter, so as to not have to carry that rather large lump directly below the phone.
WIN_20210430_19_06_28_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom