• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Optical cable issues

Johnny552000

Hello everyone,
I recently got a sound bar from a Christmas party and I have to use the optic audio cable for the sound between my tv and sound bar due to my fire tv being Hooked up. I have had the weirdest issue since I have started using the optical cable though when ever you turn on the faucet in any bathroom or in the kitchen, the shower, washing machine or dish washer the sound bar without touching the volume goes to the point of being two levels up from mute. The tv and sound bar are located on the second story of the house I am just wondering if there is a way to fix this issue

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Check the cable for kinks that might mess with it, and the plugs are in tight with no play on them. It's got to be physical from vibration maybe touching the wall for an optical cable.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hello everyone
Hi, welcome to ASR.
I am just wondering if there is a way to fix this issue
One of the stranger things I've read that's for sure... apart from calling an exorcist, hard to say. ;)

Are you sure you don't have some auto-volume activated on the soundbar? Maybe when it detects the sound of the water (loud is it?) it increases the volume to compensate... or some other connected device.

JSmith

Top Bottom