• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Opposite of ASR?

I'm curious what is the opposite of this site?

I love the science here and measurements, but what is the opposite that likes distortion and thinks it sounds "musical audiofool blah blah"?

Maybe head-fi? I've seen them recommend trash (audio-gd) products before.

Thanks,
Tom.

restorer-john

Major Contributor

Ilkless

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm curious what is the opposite of this site?

I love the science here and measurements, but what is the opposite that likes distortion and thinks it sounds "musical audiofool blah blah"?

Maybe head-fi? I've seen them recommend trash (audio-gd) products before.

Thanks,
Tom.
6Moons. That said, I do look at their newsroom section because they share press releases from many smaller boutique manufacturers, just to see what equipment there seems interesting aesthetically at least.

Archsam

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
- Hi-Fi Choice: there's only one rule: just about any product has to get 5 stars.
- What Hi-Fi?, for sure
- YouTubers such as Darko, Pursuit Perfect System, Hans Beekhuyzen, The Next Best Thing, and so on...

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Video Art Preview?

Top Bottom