• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Oppo PM-3 Owners Thread

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
Hi folks,

I think a few people on this headphone, but I didn't see a thread for it (if we do, #deleteme). It's my second planar magnetic, after the HE-4XX, which I didn't enjoy much.

My only real point of comparison is the Drop 6XX, which has a bigger soundstage (duh) but doesn't sound like it can dig as low.

I'm using the internet's Equalizer APO settings, but with bass boost set to 0 dB since the boost made it boomy to me.

My pair is secondhand (or worse); I demoed two pairs and the other pair had a dead channel. I hear a little crackle from time to time, but I suspect my laptop, Spotify, or the soon-to-be-replaced L30.

I've turned the volume output on my laptop down to 50% in order to turn the L30 up a little bit - 11 o'clock on the lowest gain setting.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I own the PM-1 and like it. Well built, efficient, and attractive. Though, they are 'worth' more on the used market than I think is reasonable. FYI, apparently the Drop Panda uses the same drivers.

zvukofor

Absolutely love PM-3.
Replaced HD6xx series for me, very clear with almost perfect FR (i use a couple of dips and very low freq boost). I use them at my job everyday (recording and mixing), they give me the sound i have on big speakers in a treated room, so i can start to work on them and never have any surprises when go to big speakers for finishing the job.

sasij

Have owned a pair for a long time here. Headband needs replacing but it's only an aesthetic issue.

Would like to try the balanced cable out of curiosity (the earpiece is wired for it but you need a 3.5mm trrs) but they're super easy to drive without.

Don't see as much time at the moment as I've been all about the fiio fh7 as of late.

Would like some new cans too but I'm not really sure where to go next. Closed back seems a bit of a dead end other than Aeons and it's hard to go demo anything at the moment.

Top Bottom