• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Oppo BDP-103 with oppomod i2s over HDMI card to Gustard x26pro

OP
S

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
An update. Since I could not get the i2s over HdmI converter box to work with my Gustard (Have not tried to make a special cable yet) I bought and installed an i2s card from Oppomod. My version is suppose to have the x26pro unique firmware installed.

The good news is it will actually send the DSD file to the Gustard while playing SACDs on the Oppo. The Gustard shows DSD2.82Mhz like it should and play the music as it should.

The bad news is if the Oppo is not actively playing SACDs it sends a signal to the Gustard that shows DSD3.07MHz and the Gustard sends out an analog signal that maxes out my line level VU meters! No sound (at least to my ears) so it must be very high frequency? Not good!

The Oppo will also not play CDs with the i2s output to the Gustard. The Gustard shows DSD2.82Mhz and highly distorted resemblance of the music comes out of the system.

I’ve chatted with Lee (Oppomod) a few times. He does not know what the issue is. He claims several have been successful with this card and the X26pro.

At this point, I think if I had it to do all over again I probably would have just bought the DoP version of the converter box and used S/PDIF to the Gustard…Sigh

Wino

Or maybe sell the Gustard and get a Holo May or Spring 3;-)

OP
S

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
Or maybe sell the Gustard and get a Holo May or Spring 3;-)
Not a bad option but an expensive one! I do really like the Gustard x26pro but it appears to be unique enough to be difficult to deal with?

OP
S

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
Any reason this extractor/adaptor wouldn’t work on an Oppo BD series to X26 (or my R26 pinout)? Appears to have some adjustment on pinout arrangement.
I use an Oppo BDP-103 with this box and the I2s output over HDMI worked great for playing SACDs to my Topping D90SE but not with my X26pro. I’m sure I could have figured out how to make it work by physically moving the pinouts but instead I bought the DOP version of this box and used SPDIF output to my X26pro and it worked great for playing SACDs on the Oppo. The X25pro shows them as DSD 2.82Mhz on playback. They sound great so never messed with the pinout with the other box. The DOP version looks exactly the same on the outside. You have to look inside to tell the difference. It is also just a little more expensive.

bigfanres

I use an Oppo BDP-103 with this box and the I2s output over HDMI worked great for playing SACDs to my Topping D90SE but not with my X26pro. I’m sure I could have figured out how to make it work by physically moving the pinouts but instead I bought the DOP version of this box and used SPDIF output to my X26pro and it worked great for playing SACDs on the Oppo. The X25pro shows them as DSD 2.82Mhz on playback. They sound great so never messed with the pinout with the other box. The DOP version looks exactly the same on the outside. You have to look inside to tell the difference. It is also just a little more expensive.
Thanks. I’ll dig. Thus far, can only find the unboxed board setup version:

Top Bottom