• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Opinions on the XDuoo XP-2Pro AK4452 CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC USB DAC

Iglo

Forum Donor
The title says it all, is there anyone with experience or tips regarding the XDuoo XP-2Pro AK4452 CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC USB DAC DSD?

I am looking for a mobile DAC / headphone amp for my Sennheiser HD660s after (finally) receiving the Topping E30/L30 for desktop use. I am interested in a mobile DAC/AMP for use on the go with my laptop/mobile phone (<-- hence the interest in one with Bluetooth) as a source.

I looked in to the Topping NX4DSD but is lacking Bluetooth connectivity. I could connect the Topping via USB, but this requires a dongle (thanks Apple). And trading some audio quality for the convenience of being able to use the Sennheiser wireless some times could be worth it (to me).

Specifications:
Battery: Built-in 3.7V/1800mAh rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
Applicable system: Win7, Win8, Win10, Mac OSX, I0S, Android system
Output power: 300mW (320 load)
Frequency response:
USB/Bluetooth: 20Hz-20kHz (±0.5dB)
AUX: 10 Hz-100kHz (±0.5dB)
USB support sampling rate:
PCM: 16-32bit/44.1-384kHz
DXD: 24-32 bit/352.8-384kHz
DSD: DOP/NATIVE mode, DSD64-256
Bluetooth support sampling rate: 16-32bit/44.1 -96kHz
Bluetooth support formats: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD, LDAC, LHDC
Gain: +3/9dB
Signal to noise ratio: 115dB
Separation: ≥75dB
Charging time: ≤ 3 hours
Harmonic distortion
USB: 0.001%@1kHz
Bluetooth: 0.002%@1kHz
AUX IN: 0.0009%@1kHz
Size: 105*55* 15.6mm
Weight: 142g

download.jpeg

The XDuoo XP-2Pro looks to be a good fit spec-wise but I'm kind a new the higher-end audio world and don't know if I am missing some thing important.
So so you have any insights / tips / remarks?

OP
Iglo

Iglo

Forum Donor
Bit the bullet and ordered one for myself. I will share my opinions when the XP-2Pro arrives. Although I'm unable to run any meaningful tests I'm afraid, so any comments will solely be regarding usability.

OP
Iglo

Iglo

Forum Donor
Received the XDuoo XP-2Pro, first exterior impressions are very (very) good. Feels sturdy and overall build quality and attention to detail is very high, no screws visible. Buttons and volume control feel nice, although one small remark is the effective range of the volume control. If you need high gain mode this could be better (approx 7'o clock = off, 7-10 = no volume, 10-11 low volume, 11-13 medium volume, 13+ high volume) so depending on the headphones/IEM this can be a slight negative.

The glass panels look amazing up until you touch them (as the glass attracts fingerprints like a magnet). But a quick wipe and it will look super nice. The red volume control gives the package a bit of character and looks good IMHO.

I really like convenience of the separate USB-C input and charge ports. I will have to test if a USB-C to lightning cable works for iPhones. This kind of cable is not included in the box but a USB-C to USB-C and USB-A to USB-C are.

I don't have any comments on the sound and battery life as I only have a very brief listen and it is charging right now. But first impressions after a 5 min listen is that it is more than equipped to drive the Sennheiser HD660s. Obviously not that hard to drive, but for reference: on low gain the volume is more than ample for my listening needs (and on low gain the volume knob offers more control).

D7370942-8504-4381-8043-FD0342504A93.jpeg

For sizing:
80D409CA-1E59-4356-87A9-16D0429FD73B.jpeg

0437E724-E877-4C1B-A3E9-3C46A9517C41.jpeg

9EA932FC-9E25-4314-902F-09C6A9C7C778.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Iglo

Iglo

Forum Donor
Update after some time using the X-2pro: Must say I really like this wireless dac/amp!

Functionality wise it suits my needs very well. Highlights are great battery life in BT mode (have only used it for a limited as a USB dac/amp without noticeable improvements in sound quality). After turning it on it's quick to reconnect to the last device it was paired to. Overall BT range is limited, walls do interfere with the signal more than with the Bose QC headphones, although I guess this is mostly due to the metal casing with glass panels. Within a room, it's rock solid.

Sizing-wise it's also spot-on for me, having it in hand my thumb and finger fall naturally on the volume control. One small remark is the buttons on the side (input, gain, play/pause). The buttons are easily unintentionally pressed and I would prefer the buttons more recessed in the frame. The gain switch is also not completely recessed but stiff enough to resist unintentional changes.

Sound quality-wise it comes across as good enough. I do like the Topping E30/L30 combo better but that could be as I can use an EQ on my PC (vs limited options on iPhone). I do notice that the sound is better when I set my phone volume, when using BT, on +/- 80% (vs 100%) and just use a bit more amplification on the X-2pro vs maxing out the volume on the phone.

papachigly

Is there an Android app for the xDuoo XP-2 Pro? Some way to adjust EQ settings? Thinking about getting this as my first BT Dac.
Either this or the Shanling up4 or the fiio btr5.

Xii-Nyth

hey would one of you consider sending your unit to amir for review? :) getting hard to drive headphones and this unit seems to be pretty near the limit

Top Bottom