• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Opinions Fostex PM0.4c

Sim.Nic

Hi, thanking you in advance for your answers and apologizing for my school English, I would like to ask if anyone has already had the opportunity to try the pair of Fostex PM0.4c and know their impressions for this type of active speaker?

PM0.4c Personal Active Speaker System

Would using them in conjunction with a Sound Blaster Z (which I already own) be okay, or would a different DAC be better?

Otherwise, always remaining in a price range not exceeding 200/220€ for the pair of speakers (wanting also passive paired with an amplifier), what other pair could you suggest for a use of mainly Rock music in a room of about 18m square?

stoo23

Old post I know, but for those that may be interested, the PM0.4 series are a great Speaker.
Nice Mid-Range Detail and seems to like being 'Driven' a bit. :)
Obviously, Bass is Not 'extended' but very solid and well defined.
Like many other speakers, some subtle EQ may make a great difference, depending on your listening environment and preferences.

I'd happily use these 'Near Field' in the Studio and for general desktop music playback, they are Excellent, as they are still an appropriate Size.

Top Bottom