• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Opinions / experience with Audiophonics.fr?

kenshone

Hey forum,

What has been your experience with Audiophonics.fr, in terms of how they deal with returns, defective products, refunds, and other issues?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had a refund. No problems at all. Very professional.

MCH

Major Contributor
Never returned anything, but the customer service is very responsive to any questions, even if you are not buying. I am glad they exist in EU. + they apply the vat of my country and don't keep the difference for them.

Nonick

Very professional, friendly, fast customer service. I purchased several products from them. Delivery from France to Croatia in 12 hours (via UPS). Few years ago i had a defective SMSL power supply, they sent new one free of charge.
Few days ago i had a defective device (DAC), they answered immediately and i got a full refund. Didnt have to pay for return shipment, it was on audiophonics.fr expense. Absolutely recommended!

vco1

No complaints. One of my Audiophonics amps started to hum after a couple of months. No fuss RMA. And within 2 weeks I had my amp back. Repaired obviously. So I can recommend them.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Superb company in my interactions with them. A member just exchanged two pieces of gear with them and had the replacement in one day in another country!

3125b

Major Contributor
I bought there twice, everything went well, never had any returns. Solid company it seems.

Many of the complaints on Trustpilot seem to come down to them shipping internationally a lot with customs issues and so on.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What has been your experience with Audiophonics.fr, in terms of how they deal with returns, defective products, refunds, and other issues?
I just checked: I placed 38 orders (and at least thrice as much products) during the past 8 years. Never had any issue with returns/refunds. I only used warranty for a product once. Every order has always been sent the same day (if placed before 1:00PM/13H00, local) which is adequate since, unfortunately, free shipping is (almost) never a thing... One bummer is that they are often on the north side of pricing regarding some products, with very few deals/sales opportunities... But you pay for premium service, on the other hand.

At last, they are member here and were OK to send products for measurements. They are always transparent about objective performance, which is a big pro in my book.

Zoomer

Never had an issue with a product I ordered, so no experience with returns et., but in pre-sales their customer service is very responsive, knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with. In English that is, no mean feat for a French company and in my book an indicator that they really try hard.

warhawkus

Two days ago I tried to make my first order there - Loxjie A30. I went through all the checkout steps and paid with PayPal. After I finished the paypal step (credit card was charged) I was redirected to the homepage with the item still in my cart. The order was not created...
After about half an hour, the money was returned to my cc.

I then went through the checkout process again, and everything went well. I'm now waiting for the Loxjie to be shipped.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Half a dozen orders, before Brexit, never Amy issues. Bought my gusyard A18 from them.

jp_asr

hi, i had just one experience: i ordered the "last available piece" of a DAC recently. the delivered product has been evidently used before (way many fingerprints on both the DAC and remote, damaged cover, damaged inner insulation, jammed manual,...), though this fact hasn't been published on the product's site.
the original reply to my complaint was like "we had no idea it had been used, keep it or send it back". after some further communication, i was offered a 10% refund.
btw i cannot believe yet that AUDIOPHONICS guys had no idea that it wasn't a brand new DAC. they really must have seen at least its badly treated outer cardboard when they packed the DAC for the transport.

Top Bottom