• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Onkyo TX-NR777 w/ Bose Accoustimas 10 Series III vs Logitech Z-2300. Logitech wins?!

PatrickShawn

Work sent me away from home and I wanted to have a decent HT to carry me over while I am here. At home I was quite happy with the HT in box special from Costco bought a few years back, consisting of Yahama/Bose accoustimas combo. So I figured I would do something similar for my home away from home set up.
In a rush, I thought I did well with finding an Onkyo TX-NR777 and Bose Accoustimas 10 Series III for ~$700 cdn.
All was well, but my HT set up is now right next to my computer desk, which sports my trusty Z-2300. Honestly, while the Z-2300 is only 2.1, it sounds much better to my ear than my HT set up. My non audiophile self would describe the Z-2300 as richer, and louder. I'm thinking the Z-2300 handles bass and mid range much better.
Ultimately, my goal was to find a decent set of tower speakers to add to the HT system, and turn my Bose 5.1 into a mixed 7.1.
What do you think? Will adding a decent set of tower speakers be enough to rival the Z-2300? Should I look at getting an actual sub as well? Should I just burn the place down and start from scratch?
I don't have an unlimited budget, but I don't mind investing in quality equipment.
https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor
....just burn the place down and start from scratch
Yupi, fireworks ...
1582145362951.png

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not trying to BOSE bash, I currently own a pair of series V 901 myself. But the acoustimass series was probably one of the worst products they've ever made, one step above the iPod docks, and PC speakers.

You need to read the specs on your AVR carefully. 220W is for 1 channel driven at 6ohm with 10% distortion. 100W at 8ohm, 2 channel is the realistic spec. Adding speakers will quickly cut down on what what power is available.

Don't "add" a decent pair of towers. Completely replace whatever number of BOSE cubes you have with 2 decent speakers. If you add a sub, you'll take even more of a load off the amplifier, which is good.

Top Bottom