• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Onkyo and Pioneer Ink Licensing Agreement with Dirac Research

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/b...licensing-agreement-with-dirac-research.7478/

This should be interesting... I've always like Pioneer Elite receivers. Here's hoping they can do a good job engineering a Dirac capable receiver while not breaking the bank.

Martin
This is nice to see. A pioneer receiver with Dirac and class d amps. Could be interesting. Getting another mainstream brand to try and get a well measuring and stable product is great news for consumers. I haven’t considered them an option due to better eq in other brands.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Agreed. Broader adoption of Dirac suggests intent to improve SQ / user experience. Eventually perhaps manufacturers will hear the collective voice of the ASR tribe and heed Amir's excellent work.

rxp

Nice! Always lusted after class D power for power efficiency. I'm happier since turning my Marantz's to Eco mode, but the next upgrade will be easier to jump to Pioneer.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Hey, that sounds promising. :cool:

SpoOokY

WOW! This is brilliant news! Finally two companies who are able to produce working products jumped on the Dirac train. Hopefully it will not take long as I really would like to get rid of my NAD :D

Flak

Industry Insider

Flak

Industry Insider
Details, prices and ETA here:

Vasr

Major Contributor
Still no information on which if any will have Dirac Live Full and which will have Dirac LE requiring further licensing and for how much.

From a marketing perspective I can understand why. The video above gets excited as if it was the full Dirac Live and if it is, great. If not, these guys have just used the media to spread false narrative/advertising.

Top Bottom