• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One Year Update - OLED Burn-in Test – RTINGS.com

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
My plasma keeps the "last picture" from when I turned it off until it gets exercised again (pretty much immediately), so no "burn in" troubles noticeable.

It does have a bunch of pixel-wide dead vertical lines, easily visible on primary color fields, not really noticeable on a movie or other mixed/moving content display. (that sucks, though).

So, one of these days I'll have to get a new TV (about 8 years old now).

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My plasma keeps the "last picture" from when I turned it off until it gets exercised again (pretty much immediately), so no "burn in" troubles noticeable.

It does have a bunch of pixel-wide dead vertical lines, easily visible on primary color fields, not really noticeable on a movie or other mixed/moving content display. (that sucks, though).

I went from this:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...ames-plasma-42-sony-profissional-pfm-42v1-_JM

to a B6 OLED.

Very much considering swapping the B6 for an A9F.

Sylafari

Nice to know my use case on my OLED shouldn't pose any issues. (I also barely have any hours on my TV!).

invaderzim

My Samsung plasma has dead horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the screen but I'm still having trouble finding a TV that I like the picture on as much as it. I wish I had bought a spare when they announced they weren't going to make them anymore.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I wish I had bought a spare

Although the plasma has a nice picture, I'll take the power savings of a newer model, since I quite often seem to be watching the inside of my eyelids more than the screen, when its time comes.

Top Bottom