• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One question I am very curious about audiophiles.

LEIYINAUDIO

Only one album with countless headphones(with their full potential)
OR
1f914.png

Only one headphone with countless albums.
Which one would you pick?

mugbot

Forum Donor
One headphone no doubt - I'm in it for the music :D

Katji

Major Contributor
But with Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, etc. one gets a massive selection of music for a low price

Fixed:
"But with Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, etc. ..."

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I would not want to be limited to one choice only and listen to various albums with the headphones I prefer.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Btw
well, it can be speakers too:D

Yes i prefer speakers over headphones. I dont like having something covering over my ears. It feels warm and uncomfortable after some time.

For speakers, i would say more speakers, less albums. i just love listening to the same music over and over and over again. Enjoy the sound, focus on the sound. Its as if you are there seeing them playing the instruments. Its simply awesome, never gets old.

This is also why i enjoy listening to the same piece over many different equipment. Sometimes you discover sometime new, something you never heard of of, something sounds different. Its really enjoyable.

Jumbotron

Only one headphone of course. What is the point of having multiple cans if you can only listen to the same album time and time again?

Last edited:

Lupin

One headphone with lots of albums.. just like I have now.
I will just EQ the crap out of the headphones if I want a different sound.. ;):p

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Btw

Yes i prefer speakers over headphones. I dont like having something covering over my ears. It feels warm and uncomfortable after some time.

For speakers, i would say more speakers, less albums. i just love listening to the same music over and over and over again. Enjoy the sound, focus on the sound. Its as if you are there seeing them playing the instruments. Its simply awesome, never gets old.

This is also why i enjoy listening to the same piece over many different equipment. Sometimes you discover sometime new, something you never heard of of, something sounds different. Its really enjoyable.

I wonder if people with that sort of personalities (it's novel every single time / every time is the first time) would develop any tolerance for psychoactive drugs.

escksu

I wonder if people with that sort of personalities (it's novel every single time / every time is the first time) would develop any tolerance for psychoactive drugs.

I am not from USA so I don't know....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Neither, don't like using headphones but countless albums would be far preferred with speakers :)

ps also interested in what this has to do with audiophiles particularly. Some weigh more on the music side, some more on the hardware side as to what the term even refers to in the first place. Listening to one album over and over would put you more in the looney bin side of things :)

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would give up all gear for an Amazon Echo Dot or a Bose speaker before I went to one album.

escksu

Only one headphone of course. What is the point of having multiple cans if you can only listen to the same album time and time again?

Maybe for different experience? IF you don't try out difference ones, how would you know which one you prefer? Different brands and models will sound slightly different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom