• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One headphone that can lasts my whole life to choose from?

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I find the hd600 series (650 in my case) to be extremely durable. They seem to be indestructible and always have replacement parts. You see some very old pairs of sennheiser that are from that family often sold on the second hand market

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For what it's worth I have Sennheiser HD580 headphones I bought almost 30 years ago which are still fine. I just replace the pads every few years and have replaced the headband foam once. If you want a buy once keep for life headphones then if current HD6xx products are built to the same quality then you won't go wrong buying them. A bit above your budget but there are always offers on them and if you really want a long term product then you might be better spending a little more for them

Top Bottom