• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One crook helping the other (Fremer helping Paul sell his snake oil power regenerators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Robin L

Master Contributor
I save my tact for when it might be useful.
And in comes Romeo, he's moaning
"You belong to me, I believe"
And someone says, "You're in the wrong place, my friend
You'd better leave"

analogplanet

the stupid thing with those video's are, now that every time i go to youtube it recommends me video's from Paul snakeoil factory.
Can't believe somebody is willing to do such a clear salespitch.
Paul must be desperate,and in the end he's not gonna make it,people will see through the b.s. and save for better speakers and such.
b.s.audio will not gonna make it.

There's no apostrophe in "those videos", illiterate liar, and such. It wasn't a sales pitch btw. I can't believe you are such an imbecile

iann

I WAS CALLED A 'CROOK'.
SOMEONE LIED AND CLAIMED I MADE A SHADY "DEAL" WITH PAUL MCGOWAN
Who was here to respond "Calling someone a 'crook' is a bad look?
Who was here to respond "Are you sure Fremer made a "deal" with McGowan?
NO ONE WAS.
And you think using all caps is a "bad look"?
I think having libelous scumbags posting on this forum unchallenged is a far worse look.

To be fair I did think the crime allegations were on a bit of shaky ground word-wise earlier.

Still, a bit of honest rage is better than that passive agrressive marathon the Aussie guy was doling out.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
It's pretty weird, between Stereophile, March Audio and Topping rants. My guess is some folks were late in from CPAC and are short on sleep and long on vitriol.

These are the days I'm glad @Thomas savage is moderator.

Oh wait...

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...
Please do something soon as ASR feels right now like

1614645705258.png

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I don't claim golden ears, though I hear you claim shit for brains.

Nor did I actually say that you did. As for the rest, not as far as I know, but I do not claim to remember everything I have written, and haven't looked in there lately. Maybe you're right.

The (safety) ground should be a pass-through; I am wondering if the installer used adequate ground strapping. But that should not cause the total collapse of sound the way you (if it is really you) described. I did not hear a dramatic difference in sound before and after our Generac was installed. I would love to hear the root cause if you find it and what really happened. What I do believe is that there is a rational explanation. Given the way power systems work, I would suspect the safety ground connection more than the line/neutral connection.

I am not sure you can legally bypass the transfer switch; that could cause load-dumping back to the grid if the generator should cut on, and "interesting" results when power returns if the generator is basically hard-wired to the incoming power. It also might not isolate the cause without trying several things on all three wires (line, neutral, safety ground) to your listening room.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Please do something soon as ASR feels right now like

View attachment 115720

Some trainwrecks are long in the making. This too shall pass.

Have you seen any of the videos of people catching, like dozens of fish out of a little mud hole with coke/mentos?

That looks about as ugly as I'd expect.

It makes his system sound better though. It's what everyone says. How do you know if you don't try? It costs a lot to get it exactly right, but it's worth it for those who have a resolving enough system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom