• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

On-wall speaker

laidick

Forum Donor
Does anyone have comment/recommendation on any on-wall speakers?

Background of this question:
I got Elac Vela speaker as front three (LCR), and I like the sound. Now I want to replace my surround/rear/ceiling speakers (total 8) with Elac series.(7.1.4 system) They have to be on-wall since my room is not big and no space for stand.

Since Vela series are using JET5 tweeter, I am struggling if the Elac WS 1645 would be best match. Or, I know Debut series has good measurement , designed by Andrew Jones, if the Elac Debut2.0 OW4.2 would be better. I tried but couldn't find any speaker measurement for them.

Price wise, Debut is $229(US per pair) and WS1645 is £599(GBP per each). Almost 6 times more expensive.

Thanks.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a similar question for a 2.1 system. Large rooms. All the well-testing passive speakers seem to be too big. The hunt continues!

Webninja

Forum Donor
Top Bottom