• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ON HOLD - UK Only Members: Sale/Swap White Genelec 8341's for Grey Version - ON HOLD

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I considered wrapping the speakers but would have to have that professionally done.....same would go with powder coating them. I would be invalidating the warranty though would I not? :oops:

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor

hmmmmm

kthulhutu

I looked our lounge and incorrectly assumed that white would be the right choice! We have a lot of cream and soft green colours with walnut furniture so in my head, it worked. Like I said, I actually like it but the wife just straight up hates it. She's going to hate it even more when I sneak a pair of 7350A subwoofers in there! :D

White on Black would go would it not? Hmmmm. It's a tough question to answer when you nothing to reference it to........
IMG_20220319_114939__01.jpg
Personally, I think grey is perfect here, maybe black would be good too but it might stand out too much.
I suspect we have a difference of tastes anyway, I really love the professional look of this finish.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
View attachment 193561
Personally, I think grey is perfect here, maybe black would be good too but it might stand out too much.
I suspect we have a difference of tastes anyway, I really love the professional look of this finish.
Oh no for sure! They look great!! Perfect contrast from the background! White would look truly awful there! :eek:

Very nice!! :cool:

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
I think your wife has a point. The stands exacerbate the problem. I'm sorry to say I don't think grey versions are going to fix it either. Maybe you could wrap them in speaker cloth like some linn speakers have or vandersteen speakers?
Yeah, I'm starting to realise that the stands are contributing to the problem here. Its too much white in one area so I need to break up the colours. I doubt very much the missus would go for wall mounting so the only real option is to change the stands.

Because these speakers cost so much, I'm really reluctant to wrap/spray them just yet as that would be my warranty down the creek.....

I have changed the title of the thread as "on hold" whilst I look at my options.

Thank you all so much for your contributions! I appreciate it very much!

Mike.

MCH

Major Contributor
+1 for your wife.
That said, i also think that sort of speaker + stand don't fit in your livingroom (or almost any other livingroom...) no matter what color, but that's a personal opinion. Let us know what she thinks about the grey when they are there.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
+1 for your wife.
That said, i also think that sort of speaker + stand don't fit in your livingroom (or almost any other livingroom...) no matter what color, but that's a personal opinion. Let us know what she thinks about the grey when they are there.
Again, I have to agree with you on this. I always knew that the 8341's would be a questionable choice but I also knew how good they are.
I got sick of box swapping and speaker changes though, always trying to chase an illusion of the perfect speaker when no such thing exists....especially in a home environment! I decided to change tactics and go active and its the best decision (sound quality wise) I ever made!

I have been able to completely de-clutter with these speakers as before I had monoblocks etc etc cluttering up the place.

Best speakers I have ever owned FULL STOP. Shame about the colour though eh.....:facepalm::D

MCH

Major Contributor
Agree, it is a matter of priorities, it is difficult to have everything

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Yeah, I'm starting to realise that the stands are contributing to the problem here. Its too much white in one area so I need to break up the colours. I doubt very much the missus would go for wall mounting so the only real option is to change the stands.

Because these speakers cost so much, I'm really reluctant to wrap/spray them just yet as that would be my warranty down the creek.....

I have changed the title of the thread as "on hold" whilst I look at my options.

Thank you all so much for your contributions! I appreciate it very much!

Mike.
Linn makes speaker "socks" that wrap around a speaker. I think there is an elastic band inside to keep them tight. Might be an idea to give they a more homely look.

Attachments

• proxy-image.jpg
    proxy-image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 94

Digby

Major Contributor
LOL at the "sock", looks absurd (and surely granny could knit you one). It's a bit like a poorly wrapped present at Christmas....you know what's inside the bloody thing!

Top Bottom