• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ON HOLD - UK Only Members: Sale/Swap White Genelec 8341's for Grey Version - ON HOLD

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
NO LONGER FOR SALE

Hi.

This question/request only applies to the UK audience on here for obvious reasons which I will explain below.

I bought a pair of Genelec 8341AWM in White from "Music Matter" in May 2021 and I absolutely love them BUT.......the wife hates them with a passion and she mentions her hatred of the colour at least once a day!
I have come to the conclusion that I need to move these on for the Grey version but before I put them on e-Bay, I thought I would put the feelers out on here before I succumb to E-Bay sellers fees etc etc.

As mentioned above, they are White and in "as new" condition with no marks or blemishes whatsoever.
They work perfectly and are registered with Genelec for the extended warranty which can be passed on to the new owner.
They come with the original inner and outer carton with all instruction pamphlets and carry-bag.
Original receipt and email exchange pre-purchase is available.

As mentioned above, I am under the impression that any Genelec warranty can be transferred to the new owner, if anyone knows for certain that this is not true, please inform me.

If, and this is a BIG if, one of you guys is interested in a swap, a few things need to be true:

Yours must also be in "as new" condition with photographic proof.
You must have all original packaging.
You must have bought them from an authorised Genelec Dealer and have the original receipt ect
You must have bought them within the last year - 2 years max
You personally must not be a new member and must have a traceable post history.

This is a genuine request from a fellow Genelec enthusiast so no time-wasters please.

Like I said, this is a shot in the dark and a pre-e-Bay post.

Any interested parties please PM me.
I am in the Manchester area.

Thanks,

Mike.

Last edited:

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Have you thought about wrapping them? There are plenty of foils available that allow you to change the color. 3M DI-NOC for example.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
Have you thought about wrapping them? There are plenty of foils available that allow you to change the color. 3M DI-NOC for example.
Hi.

It did cross my mind to be fair but I'm unsure of any damage that could be caused to the speakers or and future issues with maybe removing the wrap. I would have to get them professionally done if I did this. I absolutely love these speakers and would be inconsolable if any damage was caused!

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
The paint job seem to be a particular type too, not smooth but seems to have a "roughness" to them if you see what I mean. Not in a bad way just thinking about being able to wrap them successfully.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
I would have to take them apart I think to wrap them having looked at the 3M promo video and I just wouldn't be confident in doing that I don't think. I'm an electrician by trade and regularly take things apart but when it comes my own personal pair of speakers that cost £5k...... hahaha.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
By your wife some pink glasses.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
I am willing to sell the pair of White 8341's I have for £4300 Collected or £4400 Shipped (UK Mainland only) if there are any interested parties. Thanks.

kthulhutu

Sorry, I fit your bill but I like the grey too much. White would look awful in my room with all the black panels.
What made you get the white?

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
I looked our lounge and incorrectly assumed that white would be the right choice! We have a lot of cream and soft green colours with walnut furniture so in my head, it worked. Like I said, I actually like it but the wife just straight up hates it. She's going to hate it even more when I sneak a pair of 7350A subwoofers in there! :D

White on Black would go would it not? Hmmmm. It's a tough question to answer when you nothing to reference it to........

Chester

Hi.

This question/request only applies to the UK audience on here for obvious reasons which I will explain below.

I bought a pair of Genelec 8341AWM in White from "Music Matter" in May 2021 and I absolutely love them BUT.......the wife hates them with a passion and she mentions her hatred of the colour at least once a day!
I have come to the conclusion that I need to move these on for the Grey version but before I put them on e-Bay, I thought I would put the feelers out on here before I succumb to E-Bay sellers fees etc etc.

As mentioned above, they are White and in "as new" condition with no marks or blemishes whatsoever.
They work perfectly and are registered with Genelec for the extended warranty which can be passed on to the new owner.
They come with the original inner and outer carton with all instruction pamphlets and carry-bag.
Original receipt and email exchange pre-purchase is available.

As mentioned above, I am under the impression that any Genelec warranty can be transferred to the new owner, if anyone knows for certain that this is not true, please inform me.

If, and this is a BIG if, one of you guys is interested in a swap, a few things need to be true:

Yours must also be in "as new" condition with photographic proof.
You must have all original packaging.
You must have bought them from an authorised Genelec Dealer and have the original receipt ect
You must have bought them within the last year - 2 years max
You personally must not be a new member and must have a traceable post history.

This is a genuine request from a fellow Genelec enthusiast so no time-wasters please.

Like I said, this is a shot in the dark and a pre-e-Bay post.

Any interested parties please PM me.
I am in the Manchester area.

Thanks,

Mike.

You’ve overlooked the most obvious solution to your issue…..swap your wife out. :D

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
IMG_20220319_111934.jpg

What do you think?

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
You’ve overlooked the most obvious solution to your issue…..swap your wife out. :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Trust me, it's been considered!!! My room would be FULL of audio gear if that happened!! :D

Digby

Major Contributor
Could you put them on the wall. Perhaps the right hand one on the wall along the length of the room. Maybe paint the wall white....just some ideas.

I think the one near the door is just asking for someone to elbow it off the stand, so I would move it personally.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
Could you put them on the wall. Perhaps the right hand one on the way along the length of the room. Maybe paint the wall white....just some ideas.

I think the one near the door is just asking for someone to elbow it off the stand, so I would move it personally.
Yeah, I agree to be fair. Its a tough room to work with really as, like most English homes, they're not exactly designed that well.
I've had a few close calls with that left speaker after a few bevvies I can tell you......

I tell you what though, although the placement is crappy, after GLM has done its magic, they sound phenomenal! I'm sat just over 3 meters away and there is certainly no issue with SPL!!

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
We have a plan to maybe install a media wall on that right hand side wall and if we did that, that would be great as I would get a near perfect "golden triangle" scenario. Fingers crossed the wife gives it the go-ahead in the near future. :cool:

Digby

Major Contributor
I reckon if you tried wall mounting (perhaps paint the wall too), that might be as good as it gets aesthetically speaking. Certainly I think the grey ones have a very, um, studio equipment look (I bet your wife would appreciate them even less).

If I have to nitpick (seeing things through the eyes of the wife ;)), the stands are probably more visually invasive than the speakers.

If you don't mind trying something really crazy, you could even disassemble them and powder coat the cabinets :eek:.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
I reckon if you tried wall mounting (perhaps paint the wall too), that might be as good as it gets aesthetically speaking. Certainly I think the grey ones have a very, um, studio equipment look (I bet your wife would appreciate them even less).

If I have to nitpick (seeing things through the eyes of the wife ;)), the stands are probably more visually invasive than the speakers.

If you don't mind trying something really crazy, you could even disassemble them and powder coat the cabinets :eek:.
Ahh.....some very valid points there coming from the "wife" standpoint....:) Totally agree on the fact that the stands do "pop" out visually.

I might have to put this venture on hold whilst I re-think a few things. I'm not sure if the missus would go for me actually installing wall mounts but its worth a chat I guess (after a few glasses of vino). Painting the walls is also a good idea but I think she likes the cream colour as it's quite a soft colour that seems to go with the room.

Change the stands to a nice pair of walnut coloured stands or maybe? On the assumption that wall mounting is not viable....

Top Bottom