• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Older integrated amplifiers

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
funny thing is the PM6010 series isnt even that old... its a 1999/2000 unit so it *should* have the mod cons anyway... I have a Marantz surround receiver older than this and it still works fine.

Sad to say that newer Marantz gear IS NOT as reliable as they used to be... especially their surround stuff.

If the unit works fine and it sounds fine I dont see much reason to upgrade UNLESS you want new features like DAC, streaming etc.

I think many of us here are into "upgrade-itis"... we're searching for that elusive holy grail and admittedly many of us love the gear as much as the sound but for me, I ask myself... does all this stuff sound markedly better than the NAD 3020 I used to have???

oh well... my new SMSL A300 is in the post.

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These Marantz amps are very nice, especially SM11 :)

Attachments

• sm1000.jpeg
    sm1000.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 33
  • sm-11.jpeg
    sm-11.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 31

sngreen

so many knobs and buttons! ;)
PS none of those is, technically, an integrated amplifier. I mean, they are [integrated amplifiers], but the on-board radios make them receivers in the parlance of their era.
Marantz 1060 is the same amp as in 2030 (the first image), but many prefer it with radio. It just looks nicer.

Top Bottom