• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Old Noob in Savannah

Lavawood

Forum Donor
New to this amazing forum. I’ve been a long time enthusiast.
I started with a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.3’s. After 22 years I recently rebuilt them with all new drivers.
Most of that time I used mid level sources through Bryston 4BSST. I thought it was awesome the whole time. 2 years ago, I tried a Rogue Cronus Magnum 2 and was blown away. I wanted my 20 years back.
That revelation started me down a path of source upgrades and I’m learning I don’t know much in this environment.

I built a fanless pc with SSD. I started with the Chord Qutest and heard chatter from what I assume was the motherboard. I installed a SOTM USB card and the chatter was gone. Life was good.

I had to sell and rebuild over the last year, I now have a Rogue Cronus Magnum 3, the same pc and a Schiit modi.
I play Tidal App from windows 10, through the SOTM/Modi and I’m looking to upgrade the DAC
All I really need is USB in and RCA out.

Im currently waiting on the Khadas Tone Board just for fun, based on what I’ve read here.
I’m looking at possibly getting the Qutest again, Learning about the RME ADI 2, and I’m open to suggestions.

0593F24E-30A4-4A18-93F4-07D35A06509E.jpeg0A87783C-AD66-416D-B642-76988C2B7515.jpeg4EFE76EA-95DD-4000-BFF7-DD04E6D2BAB4.jpeg

Top Bottom