• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Old equipment: sell or collect

JSmith

Master Contributor
What do you do? Keep all equipment, or sell it once you get something new?
I re-purpose them to others... or generally I just keep them. It's lucky I have a spare room and storage downstairs. ;)

JSmith

Waxx

Major Contributor
What are the best European sites to sell old hi-fi equipment?
It depends on where you live. Each country has it's own platform. Audiogon and Hifishark are used for internation sales mostly. But the market is down at the moment, as the crisis limits the cash that can be spend now. So i keep the stuff i wanted to sell a bit untill the market is in better condition (as people don't want to pay the price i ask now).

olbobcat

You can sell it, donate it or give it to a friend in need. I have some hoarded gear, but usually, get rid of it so I can buy different gear. I am big on buying in the secondary market so it is less cost to get back in the end. Hopefully, I am going to sell off about $4000 in gear right now and buy some different stuff. That being said I even have more stuff to get rid of. I like Craigslist and Audiomart.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sell any gear I don't have room for... usually Craigslist and FB Marketplace. I also generally buy secondhand whenever possible. My general tactic is to check last sold price on eBay and then base my sell price on that. This keeps my cost of ownership low over time... generally I avoid buying something unless I'm confident I could re-sell it for the same price or more. This is not a very successful tactic but I keep telling myself it is.

Top Bottom