• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

hampestampe

Order #335ish in black here on ETA again:
According to Okto Research their production is slower than estimated and it will probably take them until end of month to dispatch my unit.
If thats what they say, don't trust them, I think that it means slooooooower, than sloower than estimated. And you should be happy if it takes them less than a week to answer your questions about next delay.

Kaakatus

I did receive an email from Okto about my order #304, Dac8 Stereo, silver with streamer. They are going to ship it during this week. I made the order on 19th of Jan so quite long waiting time as expected. Well, summer holiday just started so I have a plenty of time to enjoy it.

Kaakatus

I did receive an email from Okto about my order #304, Dac8 Stereo, silver with streamer. They are going to ship it during this week. I made the order on 19th of Jan so quite long waiting time as expected. Well, summer holiday just started so I have a plenty of time to enjoy it.
... and it finally arrived! Let's see how it sounds with my Yamaha integrated amp and open baffle speakers.
I'm really impressed about the build quality.

foxxx0

Forum Donor
Does anyone know if and when they might be up for sale again?
Seems like this product went somewhat viral in the audio/hifi scene (rightfully so) and now it says "sold out" and currently they are not accepting further orders.

Since the mess with the SMSL M500 i'm looking for alternatives and the dual toslink inputs with *dual* analog XLR outputs just seems perfect for use with powered speakers and my headphone amp, without the need for any XLR mechanical switchbox.

jumbo

Order #371 delayed another 3 weeks after being told a month ago, 4 weeks till shipping.

A bit frustrating.

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@jtwrace , could you try to get Pavel Krasensky onto your podcast? I suspect it could make for an interesting conversation.

Mani.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@jtwrace , could you try to get Pavel Krasensky onto your podcast? I suspect it could make for an interesting conversation.

Mani.
I can try but returning emails seems to be a struggle. I will try though

glucenag

I just cannot figure out if this Dac (non pro) can implement digital crossover to a pair of subs?

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just cannot figure out if this Dac (non pro) can implement digital crossover to a pair of subs?
No, it can’t . You would need the Okto DAC8 pro version and a digital crossover like the MiniDSP SHD studio or nanodigi.

Top Bottom