• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you.
So you can confirm that the okto dac "pop" at launch and when you turn it off.
For me it is not fine if the device pretend to be use as a preamp.
My adi 2 pro and dac are dead silent when i switch them on and off , even with my speakers on. I'm not an expert but i don't understand why they don't do it on every analogique converter, for security matter...
On the mergin analogique cards they have an Auto-mute circuitry for “no-pop” power cycling. But i don't know if other manufacturer do that olso.
Hello. I own an Okto DAC8 pro but have been using the trigger to turn on the amps. As an experiment I kept the amps on and toggled the dac on and off via the remote. At my listening position I heard nothing. With my ear to the speaker I can hear a tiny click. Very low in level and no danger to speakers. The level of the click is independent of the DAC’s volume setting.
I would say no problem using the DAC8 pro directly to active speakers.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree,,, I have been using OKTO DAC8PRO since May 2020, and it causes no pop on start.

In my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier stereo project, however, I always perform rather safety side careful "ignition/startup sequences" and "shutdown sequences" as shared here on my project thread for maximum protection of my treasure SP drivers.

We would be better to implement protective measures for our SP drivers not only from possible pop(s) of our upstream gears but also from possible accidental sound/noise intrusion(s) which may be caused by our music player gears including PC/Mac, RPi, etc.

Last edited:

arnaud

Hello. I own an Okto DAC8 pro but have been using the trigger to turn on the amps. As an experiment I kept the amps on and toggled the dac on and off via the remote. At my listening position I heard nothing. With my ear to the speaker I can hear a tiny click. Very low in level and no danger to speakers. The level of the click is independent of the DAC’s volume setting.
I would say no problem using the DAC8 pro directly to active speakers.
OK! Thank you!

Top Bottom