• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Off the beaten path - audio, music & science...

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sound in general is a big part of many people's lives, and some people mix sound and science in unusual ways. There are many aspects to audio science that are not related to pursuing perfect reproduction of imperfect recordings.

Please share any off-beat science/audio/music links that you might have.

My weekly Panama newsletter from a fellow expat (The Panama Perspective) had this item today - titled:

Sharon Martinson: Science meets music

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was completely unaware of the "Smithsonian Year of Music" in 2019, and it looks like a great way to "fritter away the moments that make up a dull day". I couldn't find any reference to it here at ASR, . Did we all miss it? Or was it not worth perusing?

Smithsonian Year of MUsic of 2019.jpg

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow! Never heard of Justin Johnson before. I'm not really into the blues, but like the occasional song. Here's a very recent video of "feel good instrumental blues" from Justin Johnson with a different guitar (mostly resonators played with a slide) - and some very interesting ones - for each tune.

Top Bottom