• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Octo dac8 Pro and 4-way digital XO

meibdk

Hi,

I’ve pulled the trigger on an Octo DAC8 Pro.

I need 4-way/8 ch. digital crossover and I’m currently considering a miniDSP DDRC-88D. I consider Dirac Live a bonus, but not critical, since I already own a SHD Studio.

But… Are there any other good/better options I should consider anno 2022?
It has to work as a standalone device… Can this be done with RPi4 and CamillaDSP?

My problem with the DDRC-88D is that it seems… Well, old and “only” 48kHz internal sample rate compared to SHD’s 96k.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

I’ve pulled the trigger on an Octo DAC8 Pro.

I need 4-way/8 ch. digital crossover and I’m currently considering a miniDSP DDRC-88D. I consider Dirac Live a bonus, but not critical, since I already own a SHD Studio.

But… Are there any other good/better options I should consider anno 2022?
It has to work as a standalone device… Can this be done with RPi4 and CamillaDSP?

Yes, RPi4 and CamillaDSP are an excellent option for the Okto, see link my signature for more info. SHD Studio also works great as source selection / ASRC when using the Okto in AES/USB mode with CamillaDSP on the RPi4.

Michael

OP
M

meibdk

Yes, RPi4 and CamillaDSP are an excellent option for the Okto, see link my signature for more info. SHD Studio also works great as source selection / ASRC when using the Okto in AES/USB mode with CamillaDSP on the RPi4.

Michael
Thanks, I’ll have a look :)

I’d actually like to sack the SHD. I don’t use it for input selection anyways - it has too few.

Side note… In generel I find it funny that most amps/pre-amps has several analog inputs, while most DAC’s has one TOS, one COAX and so on.
IMO 2xCOAX, 4xTOS should be default, with additional AES, USB, I2S.
Also input renaming should be standard along with 12V trigger in+out ;)
Manufactors should think their DAC’s as (digital) pre-amps.

Last edited:

Eurasian

Forum Donor
I can also recommend Audiolense along with the Juice HiFi convolver. Windows only though.

Top Bottom