• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Objectivist themes

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

I remember her wasting time to actually address something important by trashing folk art at the Ford Hall Forum. I had a starry eyed Objectivist friend in attendance that actually got a chance to speak directly to his heroine. He asked her what she thought of Maxfield Parrish and she simply answered, "trash". He was crushed.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I remember her wasting time to actually address something important by trashing folk art at the Ford Hall Forum. I had a starry eyed Objectivist friend in attendance that actually got a chance to speak directly to his heroine. He asked her what she thought of Maxfield Parrish and she simply answered, "trash". He was crushed.
TBH, I find her books to be unreadable. Dense, wordy, and sludgy prose.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Lol, not surprised Parrish wasn't her vibe :D

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
On the theme of Ayn Rand...
1605822631331.png

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
TBH, I find her books to be unreadable. Dense, wordy, and sludgy prose.

Yeah, needed an editor. If you skip the speeches, Atlas Shrugged isn't bad. She's at her best satirizing power-hungry bureaucrats, and her worst preaching the virtues of her heroes. In fact, the whole problem with the Rand view is it requires "great men" in power, which it has in common with utopian progressive views. odd.

Soundstage

Most overrated thinker of the 20th century. Just horrid.
It is rather interesting to see that no one has heard of her on the other side of the Atlantic, even in intellectual circles. Recently her play The Fountainhead was successful at the theater festival though. I am not saying we should read her books but at least get exposed to some of her basic ideas and concepts at some point would not hurt in my view.

Top Bottom