• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Let's again go to the original creator
https://www.indiewire.com/2015/01/a...as-slams-empty-hollywood-blockbusters-267636/
"But Lucas isn’t entirely lacking self awareness: he conceded the source of his massive wealth: “All the money is in the action figures.”"
You saying he's wrong?
No, back in the day, this was true. Now, not so much.
If you make toys for a movie, then you certainly target the kiddies. Obviously the older folks have the money but kids can push parents into buying this and that.
I bet a lot of the toys that do sell (original trilogy mostly), are not bought by kids. But yes, the kids aspect is clear. I fail to see the point. It’s a family film, great!

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
No, back in the day, this was true. Now, not so much.

I bet a lot of the toys that do sell (original trilogy mostly), are not bought by kids. But yes, the kids aspect is clear. I fail to see the point. It’s a family film, geat!
Of course the kids can't buy them on their own. Their parents buy them to their kids. And obviously they have expanded the market by selling "action figures" / collection type of stuff for those who are a bit older.

But still
Lucas:
It’s a film for 12-year-olds. This is what we stand for. You’re about to enter the real world. You’re moving away from your parents. You’re probably scared, you don’t know what’s going to happen. Here’s what you should pay attention to: Friendships, honesty, trust, doing the right thing. Living on the light side, avoiding the dark side.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Watch this if you are OK with the older trilogies made fun of, including the OT
Did anyone serious watch the full hour of this super annoying video?
This moron shouldn't critique anything if this is what he has to offer.
I got to the 3 minute point and bailed, where he talked about how people would
love Jar Jar. WRONG, he was universally hated.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Did anyone serious watch the full hour of this super annoying video?
This moron shouldn't critique anything if this is what he has to offer.
I got to the 3 minute point and bailed, where he talked about how people would
love Jar Jar. WRONG, he was universally hated.
r/swoosh

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Bleib

Major Contributor

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If people like new Star Wars then great, enjoy what you like and like what you enjoy. I've no interest in trying to tell people not to watch or listen to stuff (well, maybe there are things I'd put in that category), but we all have opinions and sharing a negative opinion and review is just as valid as a positive one. My objection to most modern Star Wars is that it is just recycling the same stuff, after several decades of war the bad guys still can't shoot straight, can't figure out that capital ships need anti-fighter defences and can't design their mega weapons without leaving back doors or dumb weaknesses which makes it easy to blow the things up. We can destroy the all mighty Jedi order, conquer the Galaxy twice but we can't shoot an X-Wing down or figure out that building Star Destroyers that blow up with one hit to the giant canon isn't very sensible.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Episode III: The magic tunnel where people passed without encountering one another was a plot hole big enough to fly an imperial cruiser through. That and Obi-Wan and Tala getting out of their hiding place and finding one another was completely unbeleiveable. I like the series but stupid mistakes like this just make it..., well stupid.

Martin

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well this week's episode was better. Not great, but not quite so insanely stupid. I'll give it the next two episodes I guess which will end the limited season 1.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Well this week's episode was better. Not great, but not quite so insanely stupid. I'll give it the next two episodes I guess which will end the limited season 1.
I particularly appreciated the bit at the end where Kenobi shows us how to sneak into a music festival ( or any event or maybe even the pub when your still banned from last week's antics ) without a ticket .

The ol' jedi giant jacket trick .

Only thing about thus series that's not pedestrian and reeking of ' we made it coz we could ' is seeing Kanobi and Leya's relationship, that dose give a little depth to later events in the original films and for me is rewarding of a fashion.

Will carry on watching , seem compelled to suffer anything star wars lol .

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I particularly appreciated the bit at the end where Kenobi shows us how to sneak into a music festival ( or any event or maybe even the pub when your still banned from last week's antics ) without a ticket .

The ol' jedi giant jacket trick .

Only thing about thus series that's not pedestrian and reeking of ' we made it coz we could ' is seeing Kanobi and Leya's relationship, that dose give a little depth to later events in the original films and for me is rewarding of a fashion.

Will carry on watching , seem compelled to suffer anything star wars lol .
Hope you are well Thomas. I haven't seen you around much.

Yes, I couldn't help giggling at the kid under the Jedi robe trick. Not that anyone would be suspicious what with alarms going off in the area and all. The girl playing Princess Leia is doing some of the best acting in the show. Don't know what McGregor's problem is or whether director Debra Chow is to blame. I guess it is better than when George Lucas was directing those pre-quels. Samuel L. Jackson is definitely worst Jedi ever.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hope you are well Thomas. I haven't seen you around much.

Yes, I couldn't help giggling at the kid under the Jedi robe trick. Not that anyone would be suspicious what with alarms going off in the area and all. The girl playing Princess Leia is doing some of the best acting in the show. Don't know what McGregor's problem is or whether director Debra Chow is to blame. I guess it is better than when George Lucas was directing those pre-quels. Samuel L. Jackson is definitely worst Jedi ever.
Well I cant even spell Leia so .., just waiting for the call to be lead writer on ' Jabba , messy chops ' the origin story of the Hutts.

Not been in much , this shit gets old ! Not you personally, in fact Dennis your one of a infinitesimally small number of members who improved my existence, in your case by forwarding some reading recommendations.

Leya, or ' laid her ' as Luke would say ..

Nothing wrong with that , not in the 70s .

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Episode IV was stupider than episode III. Who writes this crap? It’s like it was written by a group of sixth graders who don’t compare notes. I give it one more episode; if it doesn’t improve I’m out.

Martin

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Episode IV was stupider than episode III. Who writes this crap? It’s like it was written by a group of sixth graders who don’t compare notes. I give it one more episode; if it doesn’t improve I’m out.

Martin
Well you might as well hang in until the end. There are only two episodes left in this season.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really am frustrated by what they did with Leia and Reva. And by the way, where are the Alderaan security forces?!. The minute they found out it was a trap for Obi wan and she was kidnapped by the empire Bail should have been on the horn to everyone he knew to send the Cavalry to save his daughter! He should have snapped obi wan back in a second. Certainly no reason to expose a budding resistance movement?!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay how is Leia, the only person to know how to fix opening the doors so they can escape to another world? I'll watch the final episode next week, but likely won't bother when season two rolls around. I guess the ability to use the force to grab and stop a large spaceship is distance limited or something. The decoy is stopped, but the real one just hops away because it gets an eyeblink of a jump on Darth Vader's attention.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the fight choreography of this series was done by a kindergarten teacher :facepalm:. It’s so bad, it’s not even funny :mad: The vast amount of camera shake is a telltale sign!

Top Bottom