• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

JSmith

Master Contributor
1644795374185.png

It’s official: May 25 is the release date for the star-studded Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi. Set in the years before the original trilogy, this Disney+ original stars Ewan McGregor reprising the title role, alongside his former co-star Hayden Christensen.

Disney recently released a first look poster on Twitter, revealing the release date and leading fans to scour it for clues. So just what can we expect from this prequel-sequel? The answer is even further buried in the past.

Oh yeah, bring it on. :cool:

JSmith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Now my reaction is to ask what are Disney going to mutilate next and why can't they just let a corpse rest in peace.

They want their pound of flesh. All that will remain once they are done, will be a pile of sun-bleached bones, parched in the desert on that faraway planet.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Was Obi-Wan an important character in Star Wars?

Sure he was.

The next 10 episode prequel series on Disney will be about the 'rat robot' from the original movie and how it was descended from a long line of ancient radio control cars that fought in the Semiconductor Wars 300 years prior.

1644798283621.png

Can't wait...

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor

Darc

Hope he will be better than Boba Fett. I read comics, in legends Obi-Wan got depressed - he lost his master, he lost the woman he wanted to leave the order for, he also lost his padawan. Until now, the republic had provided him with shelter and food, and now he had to take care of it all himself. I wonder how they will solve the plot that Darth Vader forgot about Kenobi after discovering him on Tatooine.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What a huge pile of negativity we have here. :facepalm:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Actually the real full trailer hasn't dropped yet... some thought during the superbowl, but now possibly end of May;
So if we work backwards from Obi-Wan Kenobi’s May 25 release date, that places the range for a trailer release between March 28 and April 10. Seeing as how both previous series had trailers in the month before release, the April side of this window is more likely than March.
When will the 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' trailer be released? We may have figured it out (inverse.com)

If I were them I'd make it May the fourth... will see what happens.

JSmith

Top Bottom