• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nvidia shield usb dac compatibility

arn

Hi,

could you post please well working nvidia shield usb dac combinations? I would like to buy a dac + xlr output + remote combo (eg m500, d5, adi2, su8, etc).

i use actually the shield 2019 + musical fidelity v90. basically works well, but after a couple of days the youtube app stops within seconds. just the restart helps, and ive never had this issue with the hdmi output.

another issue, if i restart the shield, the hdmi is the default output, i have to replug the usb cable to activate the usb dac again.

which shield version, dac, music player sw do you use?

Chippyboy

Works perfectly with the RME ADI-2 DAC.

I say "perfectly". Caveat is that all output is resampled to 192 kHz but the Shield does that with all external DACs. And I doubt it makes any audible difference whatsoever. Functionally it works just fine.

FYI 192 kHz content plays "bit perfect".

Top Bottom