• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NuPrime DAC-9H or Alita

diffusefield

Does anyone have any experience with this device? I was looking at purchasing one to pair with my Sennheiser HD 660 S headphones. They both seem to tick the boxes I'm looking for.

Not a lot of reviews out there on either of these so I wanted to "look before leaping", so to speak.

• Good DAC
• Internal Power Supply
• 6.3mm input (or 3.5mm)
• 4.4mm input (Pentaconn)
• USB output to computer

NuPrime DAC-9H

DAC-9H_Black_1.jpg

NuPrime Alita

Alita_4.jpg

Thank you advance!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Look very nice. After that, no idea. But I do know they are highly unlikely to measure better than the RME ADI 2 DAC FS which is both still in production and well supported and also costs a fair bit less.

OP
diffusefield

diffusefield

Thank you kindly for your response. I'll look into the RME along with the HDV 820.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, just found the Topping DX7 Pro. That ticks a lot of my boxes.

Just have a care, the Topping has a high output impedance which can colour the sound of headphones of headphones with lower levels of impedance. I think the 660s are 150 ohm so should be fine , but if you look at getting a pair of dynamic drivers with less than 100 ohm impedance, might be an issue.

There is a Sabaj DAC amp too- cant remember the model reference but think reviewed here a while ago.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The 660s isn't hard to drive, a dx3 pro+ might do the trick for much less money.

Top Bottom