• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NUBERT products (Europe), what do you know?

Vytauts

In borderless web world found NUBERT manufacturer (www.nubert.de) which makes hi-fi equipment.

When searched some measurements of their speakers.
Found these from stereo.de
Nubert nuBox 683 (tower)
1.jpg

Nubert nuLine 284 (tower)

2.jpg

Nubert nuVero 10 (tower)
3.jpg

Nubert nuVero 11 (tower)

4.jpg

To my untrained eye it looks pretty ok for towers, what do you think?
Does anyone from community use their products and have heard any speaker?
Would be cool to hear any opinion.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 210

ppataki

Major Contributor
I had in the past:
- a pair of nuPro A-300
- a pair of nuBox 513 with a pair of nuBox 313
- a pair of nuVero 140 with a pair of nuVero 50
- nuVero AW-12 sub and nuLine AW-1100 sub

I was a huge fan of their speakers, I loved all of them
I think in Europe they are one of the best brands when it comes to price/value ratio

I stopped having them as I have moved to fullrange (one-way) speakers with subs with Dirac Live 3 - all DIY
The difference is huge (this is totally subjective of course)

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To my untrained eye it looks pretty ok for towers, what do you think?
Does anyone from community use their products and have heard any speaker?
Would be cool to hear any opinion.
I have owned a couple in the past and have heard few more of them at a Nubert showroom.
They are usually very linear at 0° (due to quite complex crossovers) but not as perfect in directivity since they don't use waveguides yet. AFAIK they use also mainly customized Peerless drivers which are also quite a good choice.

Zoomer

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Ziltoe

Nothing wrong with both the passiv and active Nubert speakers. Had several, ended with the nuVero 14 which I could catched directly from an exhibition when it has been presented their [first] "flag-ship". If I would look back engaging passiv speakers, Nubert certainly would be on my agenda.

OP
Vytauts

Vytauts

I had in the past:
- a pair of nuPro A-300
- a pair of nuBox 513 with a pair of nuBox 313
- a pair of nuVero 140 with a pair of nuVero 50
- nuVero AW-12 sub and nuLine AW-1100 sub

I was a huge fan of their speakers, I loved all of them
I think in Europe they are one of the best brands when it comes to price/value ratio

I stopped having them as I have moved to fullrange (one-way) speakers with subs with Dirac Live 3 - all DIY
The difference is huge (this is totally subjective of course)

Thanks,
What pros and cons would you describe of nuBox 513?

ppataki

Major Contributor
At that price point, no cons; it is basically a gift

The pros:
- really good bass extension (around 25Hz or even below depending on your room)
- high dynamic range
- pretty flat frequency response curve

I would personally recommend combining it with Dirac Live 3 - it will not only cut the peaks in the bass region but also fix the step response curve (will time align the drivers with frequency dependent delay)

OP
Vytauts

Vytauts

At that price point, no cons; it is basically a gift

The pros:
- really good bass extension (around 25Hz or even below depending on your room)
- high dynamic range
- pretty flat frequency response curve

I would personally recommend combining it with Dirac Live 3 - it will not only cut the peaks in the bass region but also fix the step response curve (will time align the drivers with frequency dependent delay)

Thanks! :)
Yes, Dirac is a must for almost every audio setup.
nubox 683 should have better bass, is there any other reason to choose 683 versus 513? Tweeter looks the same.

ppataki

Major Contributor
My neighbor has a pair of 683s - he is super happy with them
They can go down to 20Hz or even lower - but you would really need Dirac to tame those frequencies otherwise they will dominate the whole spectrum
It also has a higher dynamic range
The drawback is the really big size - it is not as thin as the 513 - it has a lower Wife Acceptance Factor :)

LearningToSmile

Do they ship/are available in Europe outside Germany? I run across Nubert when I was looking for a subwoofer, but with their website being entirely in German and their products available on amazon.de not shipping to my location I was under the impression they're limited to German direct market only.

They certainly have some interesting offerings.

buz

Forum Donor
I think it depends on the product, for the nuvero 170 they limit shipping to Germany Austria Switzerland because of the weight.

I think a similar question should probably be asked about Teufel (the other German direct speaker vendor)

OP
Vytauts

Vytauts

Do they ship/are available in Europe outside Germany? I run across Nubert when I was looking for a subwoofer, but with their website being entirely in German and their products available on amazon.de not shipping to my location I was under the impression they're limited to German direct market only.

They certainly have some interesting offerings.

Shipping no problem, try to add to cart and you will see shipping costs to your country.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have their nuPro X-8000RC towers with the ampX as wireless controller, and I am very pleased with the performance and sound quality. The 8000 have excellent bass response, and the Room Correction seems effective. The wireless is very good, it has low latency and is totally stable even with lots of WiFi and Bluetooth in the neighbourhood.
The speakers arrived 4 days after I placed the order, well packed on a pallet. A small issue with a remote control was fixed within two days.

Top Bottom