• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nuance Speakers

sessionstu

I just stumbled across this thread and had to respond. I bought a pair of Nuance speakers from a SoundsAround in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in the mid-90s. I still have them. They sound fine. The plate amplifier in the subwoofer needs replacing, but everything else works. I do remember the sales guy playing Sting with Q-sound and Michael Jackson History. Both very well produced and mastered. I suppose if I was selling a pair of speakers I would use the best recordings possible to get the sale. I don't remember the sales guy being overly agressive.

From my experience, what makes a great pair of speakers is a great room. Four years ago I finally bought a house with high ceilings and a nice big front room. Perfect for my Martin Logan Theos speakers. What a difference. I don't care what speakers you have. If you don't put them in a room with good acoutic properties, they won't produce the sound you expect. I'm sure some will disagree. And that's fine. Just my two cents.

Mr Mark

I bought a pair of Nuance 440 speakers about 20 years ago. I like them so much that I bought a second pair (used on Kijiji) last summer. I spent around $200 for them. I have no idea if they made poor speakers also, but to me they sound great and they are very well built. I'm definitely a fan. I have them connected to a Pioneer SX 1080. As soon as the power meters start to move it seems like the speakers come alive.

Hapo

...I still love my Spatial Nuance 3's...I run two pairs wire in series which is why I obsess over 2ohm stability...

Top Bottom