• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Now we know why Amir is pro-MQA

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

agtp

Hehe. :) I heard about them supporting it a couple of years ago at CES. Good to see it coming now.

Oh, boy. Where's the face palm emoji?

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
I like MQA. I have used it for some time with Tidal and a full decoder and it sounds great in most cases and in some cases pretty amazing.
Yes I've read all the get off my lawn diatribes against it.

So, as a summary: you have done full blind comparison listening to the same source with and without MQA and after multiple tests you came to conclusion that MQA is a great stuff? Is that it?

OP
A

agtp

Could you more explicitly state what exactly is the accusation here?
I’d call it more of an observation than an accusation. Anyway, it’s already as explicitly stated as it could be, I think. I’ll leave it to you to figure it out on your own.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I like MQA. I have used it for some time with Tidal and a full decoder and it sounds great in most cases and in some cases pretty amazing.
Yes I've read all the get off my lawn diatribes against it.

Give yourself a Darwin Award.
imagesZOVRENX41.jpg

Pillars

So, as a summary: you have done full blind comparison listening to the same source with and without MQA and after multiple tests you came to conclusion that MQA is a great stuff? Is that it?
Everything must be measurable. If it measures the same, it MUST sound the same. Is that it?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Everything must be measurable. If it measures the same, it MUST sound the same. Is that it?

For electronics, yes. For transducers, good luck finding any two that measure the same.

Pillars

Well, I've got some amps that measure pretty darn close that sound different. Must be ear problems :( Jotunheim and THX789 for instance, their differences shouldn't be audible but - one sounds like a wall of sound and the other quite spacious. Measurements show precise things that are being looked for but never catch it all.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Well, I've got some amps that measure pretty darn close that sound different. Must be ear problems :( Jotunheim and THX789 for instance, their differences shouldn't be audible but - one sounds like a wall of sound and the other quite spacious. Measurements show precise things that are being looked for but never catch it all.

So what is never being caught?

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning

One way to prove that. Soooooooooooo,......?

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amir also engages in the unnecessary folding of dining napkinks .. they end up all creased and dont sit on your lap properly.
Hey, give Amir a break: At least he doesn't cut half the napkin off, and then fold the remaining part in half, ruining the bottom 1/16th of the remaining part in the process - and then charge you extra money to unfold that mess, and then tell you that what you're left with is even better than the original napkin was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom