• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Notable members

Mivera

Major Contributor
Look Amir, I'm even more notable than you! you better catch up!! :) But you are winning in the like department. So I guess it's a wash.

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 9.30.20 PM.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Were I so relentlessly competitive I'm sure I could note that as of the moment:

I have a 'like' rate of 0.0714285714285714 --- (2/28)

to amir's measly 0.0352504638218924 --- (19/539)

Last edited:
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Were I so competitive I'm sure I could note that as of the moment:

I have a 'like'rate of 0.0714285714285714 --- (2/28)

to amir's measly 0.0352504638218924 --- (19/539)

You get the most likes for driving a 73 Pinto to legendary rock concerts :)

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
If I could like my own posts I would be winning :)

TBone

Major Contributor
If I could like my own posts I would be winning :)

Well, well well, silly me ... considering Amir authored all my 3 likes to date, i figured he was also padding his own score ...

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Well, well well, silly me ... considering Amir authored all my 3 likes to date, i figured he was also padding his own score ...

No no I'm not suggesting he is going that, I'm only suggesting if I could, I would have a hell of a lot of likes :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You get the most likes for driving a 73 Pinto to legendary rock concerts :)

It was new - $2341 if I remember correctly. It also went to ELP and Yes and Zappa. Then finally propelled me on through the first episodes of fame and glory to my first Telecom jobsites, Crawford Colorado (Joe Cocker lived there), Dallas PA , and on to Concord TN. I got a ticket in Iowa on the Interstate for going like 62 mph. Remember Drive 55?

Now, though I still drive a new '95 Maxima SE.

If I decide to do one last Wild West Tour, I'll drop by.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
It was new - $2341 if I remember correctly. It also went to ELP and Yes and Zappa. Then finally propelled me on through the first episodes fame and glory to my first Telecom jobsites, Crawford Colorado (Joe Cocker lived there), Dallas PA , and on to Concord TN. I got a ticket in Iowa on the Interstate for going like 62 mph. Remember Drive 55?

Now, though I still drive a new '95 Maxima.

If I decide to do one last Wild West Tour, I'll drop by.

Wow Ray, legendary stuff! Not many can claim to have those stories! Man if I only had a Delorean I would be right there with you :) I'll see you when you get here!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
In fact, go watch a movie if you haven't seen it:

Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Oh...

Well, groove on this for a while. I gotta go.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A little story:

I was taking a flight a week or so after 9/11. Security was crazy and they were still hand searching people at the gate. They start boarding and given my frequent flier status and flying first class, I jump to be the first one to get on the flight. To my surprise and disappointment, the gate agent pushed me aside and told me to wait. And then proceed to board coach people first!!! Before I could blow my top, I noticed that every one of those coach people got pulled aside to have their luggage checked since the security agents had nothing to do. As soon as they all had someone they were checking, the gate agent asked me to board with a wink and I walked right on the airplane without being check.

Since then, I always try to make sure I am not the first off the airplane coming from international locations. That way, the custom people get busy with the first few people and I sale right through.

So Mike, it is perfectly fine to be the top guy. I saw you coming and let you go there. :D

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
A little story:

I was taking a flight a week or so after 9/11. Security was crazy and they were still hand searching people at the gate. They start boarding and given my frequent flier status and flying first class, I jump to be the first one to get on the flight. To my surprise and disappointment, the gate agent pushed me aside and told me to wait. And then proceed to board coach people first!!! Before I could blow my top, I noticed that every one of those coach people got pulled aside to have their luggage checked since the security agents had nothing to do. As soon as they all had someone they were checking, the gate agent asked me to board with a wink and I walked right on the airplane without being check.

Since then, I always try to make sure I am not the first off the airplane coming from international locations. That way, the custom people get busy with the first few people and I sale right through.

So Mike, it is perfectly fine to be the top guy. I saw you coming and let you go there. :D

But I'm not really the top guy, the top guy is the guy with most likes! :)

TBone

Major Contributor

used that strategy going to sports events and concerts, let the determined masses through first, let me walk on bye ...

TBone

Major Contributor
Amir, may I ask who gave you all your likes, measurements would be nice. :p

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amir has few peers when it comes to strutting his stuff in budgie smugglers...

Top Bottom