• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

not music, but amazing nightingale song

OP
dedindi

dedindi

continuing the tread wanna share another soundscape
it is the crickets choir recorded on an august night

here are the downloads of these nature sounds in wave 24/48, flac, and mp3
it is free for listening and sound production
https://musictales.club/tags/nature-sounds

OP
dedindi

dedindi

i was going to record bees for a long time
it was not an easy task
now i don’t think that bees are such hard workers as it described in fairy tales
a plum bush blossomed near the studio
i waited for bees one week connecting daily 100m of cables
but they appeared only once and buzzed just two hours
the wind hindered recordings
so there is only 10 minutes but it is excellent
this record is quieter than my other soundscapes
but I did not raise the volume to an unnatural level
bees are very quiet creatures

OP
dedindi

dedindi

This review contains a transcript of the sounds of one overnight recording session featuring bird songs, cricket choirs, wind blowing, and other sounds of nature.

These soundscapes were recorded during spring in the depths of a mixed forest where a set of microphones captured a stereo panorama. The captured soundscapes are that of a meadow with a diameter of about 100 meters that produces a multi-level echo and deep reverb.

The nature concert opens with a nightingale recorded around midnight who tirelessly varies its song for an hour until it was frightened off by a creature who made a distinct rustle of foliage not far from the bird. The nightingale sings from the bush located on the left while the recording is balanced by the choirs of crickets audible, for the most part, in the right channel. In the center of the stereo panorama, you can clearly hear the wind sir the crowns of tall trees and then gradually subside towards the end of the track. In the background, another nightingale can sometimes be heard singing far in the depths of the forest.

Nightingale song accompanied by wind, crickets, and woodland sounds:

As you can hear, the soundscape is very much reminiscent of a musical performance since both the nightingale and the cricket choirs are tuned to a general tonic which in certain fragments of the recording is very close to the note E.

After some time, the nightingale resumes its chanting, now having settled in the depths of the meadow. The bird's volume decreased due to the distance from the microphone but now it sings closer to the far edge of the forest meadow and the reverb has become deeper and more distinct. In the second part of the recording, the bird bustle increases to proclaim the dawn of a new day.

Nightingale song in the predawn hours gives way to various bird calls and morning bustle:

On the left channel of the next soundscape, you can hear the red-backed shrike singing in the bush where the nightingale previously located. Perhaps it was the shrike nesting here who frightened off the nightingale. On the recording, the nightingale is still singing in the background surrounded by other birds.

Shrike morning calls with nightingale and multiple birds in the background:

The following short piece contains a bird trio of the shrike, warbler, and nightingale. The warbler that comes later has an alarm-like call that goes well with the chirping of the shrike who will soon be silent. The warbler and shrike are heard in the left channel while a nightingale, singing in the distance, fills the background.

Bird trio of shrike, warbler, and nightingale jamming together in the woods:

The final morning recording of this set features all the awakened winged inhabitants of the forest, including the woodpecker tapping at the trunks of pine trees and flying around the meadow. By this time, сrickets have fallen almost completely silent and are partially overshadowed by the morning bustle of many species of birds.

Morning bird orchestra featuring nightingale, shrike, warbler, and woodpecker:

download these recordings for free in mp3, flac, wave 24/48
https://musictales.club/tags/nature-sounds

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it only me that can't fully download the biggest files from that site? E.g. nightingale song.flac stops after 150-180 MB (out of 455 MB).

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
someone had a similar problem but after disabling adblock everything worked ok
I don't see how this could affect anything, it's just a direct link to a file. Regardless, I disabled it but no improvement.

OP
dedindi

dedindi

OP
dedindi

dedindi

i finally uploaded the soundscapes i recorded in September. since the birds are entirely silent at this time, there are fantastic cricket choirs drowning in the sounds of the wind. here are four soundscapes i captured with different techniques ortf, xy, ms, and blumlein pair.

ortf

xy

ms

blumlein pair

free downloads https://musictales.club/tags/nature-sounds

Katji

Major Contributor
Spivaki Records...interesting. Located, pages in browser history, I will look later. (It's something i do sometimes - usually via VK, sometimes via Instagram. Like I look at some artist/dj/producer's Instagram via Soundcloud, and they have interesting photos, so I go to Google.) :)

Tks

Major Contributor
I love this stuff. At one point I wanted to try my hand and some of this sort of field recording stuff. I wonder if there is a good resource to learn about how to properly do it?

OP
dedindi

dedindi

I love this stuff. At one point I wanted to try my hand and some of this sort of field recording stuff. I wonder if there is a good resource to learn about how to properly do it?
since my studio is already in the right place i don't row too much in portable gear
i just understand that all good devices need a lot of power while batteries weigh a lot and do not work for long
and i know many ways to install microphones so i can advise on this issue

Reactions: Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
since my studio is already in the right place i don't row too much in portable gear
i just understand that all good devices need a lot of power while batteries weigh a lot and do not work for long
and i know many ways to install microphones so i can advise on this issue

Wouldn't want to waste your time. I'm virtually clueless about recording in general (from mics, to setups, to what I should be looking out for when getting a certain mic over another, good performing field recorders, etc...). I'd be better served by finding some really basic reading material about recording in general, and learning how to read mic specs and what to watch out for, far before I dip my feet into something as demanding as mic placement setups for proper recording and such.

OP
dedindi

dedindi

Wouldn't want to waste your time. I'm virtually clueless about recording in general (from mics, to setups, to what I should be looking out for when getting a certain mic over another, good performing field recorders, etc...). I'd be better served by finding some really basic reading material about recording in general, and learning how to read mic specs and what to watch out for, far before I dip my feet into something as demanding as mic placement setups for proper recording and such.
i would start with a portable recorder same to Zoom H6
try and if you will really like it then think about what to do next
in any case, the recorder will not hurt to record some kind of concert or something else, since a recorder will give a much better result than iphone

OP
dedindi

dedindi

Who said it's not music??

i totally agree
moreover, they all jammed together as the birds keep the rhythm and tone even with chorusing crickets

Beethoven
Beethoven%20Birds.jpg

Top Bottom