• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Norsemen: The Series

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

THis has to be one of the best series, I've watched in a while. Funny, Intelligent. Humour can be at times a bit mean or coarse but it never takes itself too seriously. One interesting thing. The movies is filmed in English and also, separately in Norwegian... The English delivery is funny, to an incredible extent... not that strongly accented but the cadence, the rhythm makes the dialogues more hilarious, without ever being stupid or think. A delight, mean at times, true, a great show nonetheless.
Trailer

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been looking for something to try- shall give it a go!

Vasr

Major Contributor
I have been watching this. Quite a stark contrast to The Vikings series. :)

A bit too slapstick for me, but not too bad. Better than most US sitcoms.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been watching this. Quite a stark contrast to The Vikings series. :)

A bit too slapstick for me, but not too bad. Better than most US sitcoms.

That was my fear from a brief glance- slapstick. Very hard to make funny

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi
Humor is subjective .. Hard to qualify this show as slapstick. One character does play within that register.. the others? Not at all... YMMV.
Give it a watch with an open mind...

Feargal

I started watching this a week or two ago and am about halfway through the second series. Enjoyable fun. I like the sense of humour. I wouldn't call it slapstick at all, more lampooning modern social opinions and behaviour.

adc

It doesn't strike me as slapstick. More like Monty Python with Vikings. Dark humor, great dialog, very -- memorable? -- characters. :) Most definitely does not take itself seriously.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried watching it twice. Just not quite funny entertaining to me. A little too obvious maybe. Maybe too much like disconnected skits instead of being woven into some sort of even simple on-going story.

But do watch it for yourself. This is from a guy who thinks Monty Python is the greatest thing ever in comedy and who loves the Three Stooges. And one who might say "It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD world" is perhaps the best comedy in all of film history barely edging out The Holy Grail and Life of Brian.

Top Bottom