• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Norne Audio Premium Headphone Cable Review

Tks

Major Contributor
Most likely out of taiwan or china. A few occ manufacturers there.
Any names with proof of their claims? I'm still of the opinion OCC copper doesn't actually even exist. Not only that no company makes it, but I legit don't believe such a thing exists at all as claimed. I grant I could be ignorant, but to this day I've found nothing but simple claims positing such a thing exists, but nothing technical.

joseG86

This thread is palladium.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any names with proof of their claims? I'm still of the opinion OCC copper doesn't actually even exist. Not only that no company makes it, but I legit don't believe such a thing exists at all as claimed. I grant I could be ignorant, but to this day I've found nothing but simple claims positing such a thing exists, but nothing technical.
Certainly does exist, OCC is just a simple continous casting process (patented in 1857) but modified to create a single crystal. Single crystal conductors indeed have superior conductivity to polycrystalline conductors.

Applications ---> Electrical Condustors

As for some real world use of metallic single crystal other than audio for example, Mitsui Engineering and Ship Building Co. has used OCC to produce copper tubing products with internal fins and partitions for applications such as heat exchanger tubes and induction coils.

rmsanger

I purchased a norne cable for my HD800s used and enjoy it very much. Very high quality cable.

Top Bottom