• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

SiR

There is very little point they are purely a NCXXXMP module in a case and connected, they have been reviewed many times in the past.
Welcome your response

Would like to know, as me being not that technically knowledgeable - though the NCXXXMP module is reviewed and could be the same, still the performance would be identical irrespective which ever team has come with an Amp based on it ?

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome your response

Would like to know, as me being not that technically knowledgeable - though the NCXXXMP module is reviewed and could be the same, still the performance would be identical irrespective which ever team has come with an Amp based on it ?

The module is the amp. The only difference would be the enclosure.

charlielaub

The module is the amp. The only difference would be the enclosure.
And the routing of internal wiring. This can impact the noise floor. This was already mentioned earlier in the thread when comparing these products to the equivalent one from Audiophonics.

SiR

And the routing of internal wiring. This can impact the noise floor. This was already mentioned earlier in the thread when comparing these products to the equivalent one from Audiophonics.
So, can I understand that apart from the module, the other components too should be taken into consideration for the quality from this kind of Amps ?

Also, is there anything along with internal wiring to be considered apart from the module itself ?

charlielaub

Yes, just like any amplifier. Mains wiring should be kept away from any other cable or component that can pick up EMI and the cabling should be twisted, etc.

SiR

Yes, just like any amplifier. Mains wiring should be kept away from any other cable or component that can pick up EMI and the cabling should be twisted, etc.
Appreciate your response.

Any part of a Spec Sheet indicates the noise floor level of an Amp ?

Also, is there any Sound demo of the Hypex NCXXXMP module available to know its performance ?

The place I'm in, no chance of having an audition for these kind of Amps

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Yes, but I consider layout/routing part of the enclosure.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any part of a Spec Sheet indicates the noise floor level of an Amp ?

SNR (Signal-to-noise ratio) or actual noise measurements.

Reactions: SiR

Shinrei

@boggit10
If I wanted to pair one of your multi channel power amps i. e. NORD ONE MP NC252 multi channel to my Denon x4500h, can I change the voltage gain input sensitive to more than 26 dB? Since the Denon clips above 1.2 volts. Your specs says "26dB Voltage Gain Input Sensitivity 2.3Vrms" would that mean I won't get the full potential if the pre-out clips lower than 2.3 v or will I be fine?

Secondly, what is the benefit of upgrading the binding post to "Silver plated 14AWG OFC Teflon dielectric binding post wire"?

Last edited:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome your response

If properly wired and good routing practices are observed, yes. If you believe in thing like using different op amps or power supplies, Nord has other lines that accommodate that.

Reactions: SiR

SiR

What is a "sound demo"???
I mean, any video clips in which these amps are used with different speakers, to have an idea about its performance

Of course, it may not give the exact picture of it, still to get an idea

Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I mean, any video clips in which these amps are used with different speakers, to have an idea about its performance

You mean someone doing a recording with a microphone and uploading that to YouTube and their compression algorithm so you are able to listen to it through your system?

In what World is that even remotely of value?

charlielaub

You cannot get any useful information about an amplifier through a Youtube video. Amplifiers that are at the performance level of Purifi and Hypex do not have any audible signature anyway. You will just be doing a sighted listening to see if you can get excited about the product.

SiR

You cannot get any useful information about an amplifier through a Youtube video. Amplifiers that are at the performance level of Purifi and Hypex do not have any audible signature anyway. You will just be doing a sighted listening to see if you can get excited about the product.
What else can be done in a situation when there is no way to have a physical view of these and audition them to know their performance ???

Only way is to view the reviews of them, the users feedback and least one is rely on such videos !!

I'm interested in Class D amps and this Hypex module but in my place ( India, Chennai ) no one builds these to buy

Concerned about the service part and other issues, hesitant to place orders of these overseas products

Smitty2k1

What else can be done in a situation when there is no way to have a physical view of these and audition them to know their performance ???

Only way is to view the reviews of them, the users feedback and least one is rely on such videos !!

I'm interested in Class D amps and this Hypex module but in my place ( India, Chennai ) no one builds these to buy

Concerned about the service part and other issues, hesitant to place orders of these overseas products
What else is done? Reading objective reviews on ASR with data/measurements and getting a background in audio theory and buying based on that knowledge and your budget and availability.

Top Bottom