• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

holbob

Cheaper than Audiophonics now for this line. I've had 122mp and 252mp from Audiophonics, if this line was about then I would have gone Nord.

A gentle comment on calling it "value line" and sticking it on the front chassis - bad, bad idea. It will devalue your whole brand. Think of something else.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe just Nord in front and Value Line on the back would please everyone?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe offer it with a rack-mount plate that covers up the Value Line ;)

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Cheaper than Audiophonics now for this line. I've had 122mp and 252mp from Audiophonics, if this line was about then I would have gone Nord.

A gentle comment on calling it "value line" and sticking it on the front chassis - bad, bad idea. It will devalue your whole brand. Think of something else.
Cheers The whole idea about putting this on the front is to do exactly the opposite, to differentiate this line with its Caldarella appearance to our normal line. And for that reason the MP series only has 2 lines to instantly identify it. I will play around with positioning. I'm also being swayed over to NV-L NVL appreciate all the input certainly help when there is only 2 of us.

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
OK How about this?
1679507132938.png

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very nice imo!

tunamelt

I like that mock up much, much better. I’m in the market for this very type of amp and would be dissuaded by badging that literally said “value line” on the front of the case, vane as that may be.

tom_tom

Hi @boggit10 I'm interested in buying one with trigger option but please do not put " Value Line" on the front plate.
I already have "Exclusiv" washing machine and it bothers me :D

14566099_WAN2828FPL_STP_def.webp

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, you know your customers better than I, but I was somewhat serious about offering a rack mount plate, or at least mounting ears. I know if I bought one the first thing I'd do is make it rack mountable.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, No VALUE-LINE on front panel, you spoke we listened.
Cool - and with that you've just catapulted yourselves to the top my my amp supplier list.

The bad news is that a new amp is only 4th on my capital approval list - which starts with a new macbook - so a purchase may be a year or two down the road. :cool:

PS - in firefox, www.nordacoustics.co.uk is giving a certificate security error. It works fine as nordacoustics.co.uk, leaving off the www.

holbob

Yeah Virgin Media used to block it on their websafe as well. Not sure if they still do.

Davide

I built my NC252MP in the exact same case for around 300 Euros total. Then added about 40 euros of additional dissipation because as it was it heated up a lot. That case doesn't dissipate excess heat, especially without thermal paste.
Considering the time I spent there this was a great alternative.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I built my NC252MP in the exact same case for around 300 Euros total. Then added about 40 euros of additional dissipation because as it was it heated up a lot. That case doesn't dissipate excess heat, especially without thermal paste.
Considering the time I spent there this was a great alternative.
Considering you get an NC252MP to begin with, as these are not sold for DIY...

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Fully vented lid? Yes they use case as heatsink. We take thermal design very seriously and evaluate every new product.
We have hundreds of these out in the real world in same case but with aluminium top and bottom, they run well within thermal tolerances. And remain reliable.
Hypex don't recommend thermal paste it has opposite effect on such a large area. It's fine on CPU's where clamping contact is sufficient and use of very high thermal conductivity W/mk.

Davide

Fully vented lid? Yes they use case as heatsink. We take thermal design very seriously and evaluate every new product.
We have hundreds of these out in the real world in same case but with aluminium top and bottom, they run well within thermal tolerances. And remain reliable.
Hypex don't recommend thermal paste it has opposite effect on such a large area. It's fine on CPU's where clamping contact is sufficient and use of very high thermal conductivity W/mk.
Have you done any calculations or have you measured the module heating? If so, how did you measure it?
The speech of the conductive paste depends on the roughness and flatness of the materials, it is impossible to generalize.

JSmith

Master Contributor
@boggit10 I like the look and pricing of these, although may I ask why shipping is 120 quid if not UK/EU/USA? Seems very high... rather changes the value aspect somewhat.

JSmith

Top Bottom