• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

Rate this audio cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 279 93.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Will it be worth 3x that much in 25 years?
Who knows.. for $25 worth a shot ;)
Does it go 1000' underwater?
I don't either, do you? If so: way cool :cool:
Can I beat on it with a hammer and have it laugh in response?
Well, I'll have a laugh probably, does that count ;)
I've never been late on account of my watch's inaccuracy, so it's accurate enough for me.
Obviously, it's accurate enough for basically anyone, but that is not the point. So the question here is, what is the primary function of the device? Is it telling time, or is it an investment, a piece of art/jewelry, or something else? It's obviously more than just a watch. For just telling time, there are better alternatives.

This cable though is just that: an F-ing cable! You will probably never see it once you shove it away at the backside of your equipment rack, and it does the job just as well as basically any other well-designed cable 1% of the price.

Labjr

Major Contributor
I have one quartz wall clock that gains a minute or so per month. Since it's the most visible clock, it helps to keep me on time for my appointments. I've always wanted an auto synchronizing clock but I read they plan to shut off that signal. IMO, it's a bad idea. We've become too dependent on the internet for everything.

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Who wears a Rolex for time keeping anyhow :rolleyes: I can set it to 5mins ahead and always be over punctual….priceless.:)

Ah this Rolex / wristwatch conversation is soo much more interesting than looking at yet another snakey oiley moneycrabing cable from Southwest or was it Eastwest no now I remember Northsouth ;)

Labjr

Major Contributor
Maybe Topping will make a gold watch and someone can send in their Rolex for a review.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
The old red and whites that came free will sound just as good, surely.

Triliza

Forum Donor
I know we can predict the results of these tests but it is always to run the test just in case there is degradation instead of improvement in a premium product.
Talking about a paradigm shift or what!!!

delta76

Major Contributor
I stopped reading at US $1,800. As we already know cables for less than $20 do their jobs just fine (And probably as good as it gets), anything more than $100 is most likely just snake oil. $1800, geez ...

Last edited:

KxDx

But the small difference is that with a Rolex you may increase the chance of attracting women. With a NORDOST TYR 2 around your neck when you are in the pub, it can have the opposite effect.;)

I also think that: I use NORDOST TYR 2, do you want me to show you them at my house is not a particularly effective pick up line.:)
Attach67820_20220214_115947.png

sojun80

More elaborate listening impressions please :D
I mean... we want to read how stereo imaging improved and the image is more stable, the sound is 'bigger', more 'analog' ... we don't want to read:
Surely the notes stayed in the air longer at least? Perhaps they breathed more? A little more defined? The harshness was less? Buttery? Transitions were cleaner? SOMETHING CMON MAN ITS $1800

Love this place :D

Azathoth

Colleague told me that I have to have expensive gear to hear the difference from these cables.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Colleague told me that I have to have expensive gear to hear the difference from these cables.
:rolleyes:

@amirm has that covered with his headphones... :cool:

Dan Clark Audio equips the [$3,999] Stealth [headphones] with their premium-tier headphone cable, the ‘Vivo’, which they usually sell as a $299 USD upgrade option.

Top Bottom