• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp or Nord Three 1ET400A Stereo Amplifier

jmmaher

I know only one of these has been in for testing and I have read all the pertinent threads (or I think i have) I can not see why the one amplifier would be worth basically 2 times the cost. My Hypex amp has died for the third time (power suppliy at least for the first two times) and I am tired of having it repaired. Both amps use the same power modules and while one has two power supplies it also has Voltage Regulators and Op Amps running (from an email with Nord). The lower priced one seems reasonably priced, the other may still be but is the additional circuity necessary?

bilzebubba

I know only one of these has been in for testing and I have read all the pertinent threads (or I think i have) I can not see why the one amplifier would be worth basically 2 times the cost. My Hypex amp has died for the third time (power suppliy at least for the first two times) and I am tired of having it repaired. Both amps use the same power modules and while one has two power supplies it also has Voltage Regulators and Op Amps running (from an email with Nord). The lower priced one seems reasonably priced, the other may still be but is the additional circuity necessary?

Good question!

The extra PS is $200+, different case is an extra $200, and then add in the other extras (different opamps, additional buffer board, etc).

Nord has a special rn to drop the price $200 building in the old case.

Feyire

My Hypex amp has died for the third time (power suppliy at least for the first two times) and I am tired of having it repaired.
Out of curiosity, who supplied your amp and which one do you actually have?

mil

Although I cannot really answer your question directly, I can only tell you about my choices and experience with Nord so far.

I just received my order today:

A Nord Three 1ET400A ST Stereo Amplifier with Twin PSU's and WBT 0703Cu Binding Posts (the later because they look cool :p) and of course the two PSUs maybe a bit unnecessary and OTP, but what the heck, at least box is balanced weight-wise.

The reason I went for this model (instead of the Dual Mono) is because I was not interested in any other Op Amps apart from the default stuff that comes with the amp.

I am listening to this amp since it arrived 5 hours ago and it is amazing...that is a subjective opinion of course.

Top Bottom