• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noob tutorial DIRAC computer + DAC for 2.1/2.2 setup

OP
G

Geertidow

One more thing: in Jriver you can enable the WDM driver that will create a sound device in Windows that will basically route all Windows sounds through the DSP engine of Jriver
With that you will have a systemwide DSP solution (so you can enjoy Youtube, Tidal, etc. also, not just the files you play in Jriver...)
It seems that I could use this.

OP
G

Geertidow

Just so that understand correctly, is the volume control on the Motu M4 for channel 3-4 possible to do with windows simultaneously with channel 1-2?
It would seem like a huge hassle adjusting volume seperately.

ppataki

Major Contributor
What I'm a bit scard of is this: I will use my laptop, which I also use for other stuff. I'm affraid if I I plug my laptop in, something will be off.
I assume you use a dedicated computer to do all this?
I have a dedicated PC downstairs for my main system (that's the one you can see in my signature) and upstairs I have a desktop system that I use with my work laptop.
Works like a charm
You need to use the Jriver WDM driver as the main audio device in Windows and turn off all Windows sounds

Regarding REW and Dirac: my personal recommendation is to start with REW and once you think you are fine just try the trial version of DLBC (fully functional for 14 days). Then you can still decide which one to keep...

ppataki

Major Contributor
Just so that understand correctly, is the volume control on the Motu M4 for channel 3-4 possible to do with windows simultaneously with channel 1-2?
It would seem like a huge hassle adjusting volume seperately.
I don't know but when you use Jriver's volume control that will control all the channels at the same time

OP
G

Geertidow

I have decided to save up a little bit for a topping DM7 and then restart the adventure.
Then I can at least not worry about the volume.
I'll buy an older dedicated PC for the music with Jriver using the Topping DM7. Seems like a better way of doing it.
With my current setup (Bluesound Node 2, NC252MP/NC500, Kef R3 w custom sub) where I have total liberty of placement it already sounds great so there is no rush.

ppataki

Major Contributor
I have decided to save up a little bit for a topping DM7 and then restart the adventure.
Then I can at least not worry about the volume.
I'll buy an older dedicated PC for the music with Jriver using the Topping DM7. Seems like a better way of doing it.
With my current setup (Bluesound Node 2, NC252MP/NC500, Kef R3 w custom sub) where I have total liberty of placement it already sounds great so there is no rush.
Good choice!
Let us know about your experience ;)

OP
G

Geertidow

Just wondering though, how many people actually use DLBC for a 2.1 setting?

bibi2000

I do use Dirac Live with 2.1 with a NAD 758v3 driving a T-rel Sub & 2 Kef LS50 Meta.
soon it will receive a Boxem A5517/N2 to drive the Kefs.

Top Bottom